PDA

View Full Version : MIKE OXFORD POST BANZI!!!!

ade
11-04-03, 07:47 PM
BANZI!

Mike Oxford, "post monkey" is challenged!

Can he beat wisewoods 6k post spectacular?

What you reckon... Where U reckon he will be at in 10 day time?

1. 4500 - 5000
2. 5001 - 5500
3. 5501 - 6000
4. 6001 - 6500
5. 6500 +

Place your bets now!!!

Winner gets signed photograph of Mike in Monkey outfit crouched over his smoking keyboard!

:lol:

Ade
:wink:

Chris LR
11-04-03, 08:28 PM
I like the look of your 4th spot ade......... :twisted:

Ian
11-04-03, 08:34 PM
ive added an option, can you guess which one?

Nova-Boy
11-04-03, 08:41 PM
I first mentioned this this afternoon when i first saw that wisewood was off!!!

he wont do it! I think we should ban him from placing useless comments and not reply to any of his posts!!

I am trying my hardest to get into the top 50!!

CP
11-04-03, 09:24 PM
lol but the real question is will Mike be in evidence on Monday :?

Jim
12-04-03, 08:42 PM
ive added an option, can you guess which one?

:o For once, you and I agree on something Ian.

I think we should ban him from placing useless comments

I can think of another 4000+ poster that posts usless comments :roll:

I still think the whole post count was a bad idea. I only get a few minutes to check NL through the day and usually I have to scroll through 50% of c**p that is totally off topic before I come across something regarding the post.

Jim

MattyWoo
12-04-03, 08:50 PM
get rid of muppet corner and ban people for posting crap!! thats the only way its gonna go away.

Aragorn
12-04-03, 11:25 PM
advertising ban?

i thaught it was a ban on commercial companys advertising

i see other people including yourself advertising personal websites in their sig and i really dont see an issue with someone advertising his/her own personal site on here

why make it an issue?

its not like NL is losing money over it or anything

mikeoxford
13-04-03, 12:30 AM
lol but the real question is will Mike be in evidence on Monday :?

i sure will - there really is someone behind this keyboard ;) no honnestly!

For once, you and I agree on something Ian.

u want me banned?

its comments like that should get YOU banned.

I think we should ban him from placing useless comments and not reply to any of his posts!!

ive receievd one email from wisewood regarding a post i left in for sale section which wasnt in line with "novaload terms" so it was removed

apart from that i have never receieved a PM off admin or likewise to say im doing anything i shouldnt be

ok i got paranoid - so ive just looked back through my posts, and i cant see one post in the last month that hasnt been helpful or a reply to someone elses. - and i think theres about 5 posts for muppet corner.

please cut and paste a few messages that you deem as "cr@p" - "useless" - "stupid" - or any other obsceneties.

ill take a back seat from now on i think - ade mate i know your post was started in gest, but look how it has turned.

and for the admin guys - see you all on monday :twisted: 8)

Jim
13-04-03, 01:07 AM
u want me banned?

No, I want useless posts banned, the post count removed, total world domination etc, etc. :P

Jim

mikeoxford
13-04-03, 01:10 AM
u want me banned?

No, I want useless posts banned, the post count removed, total world domination etc, etc. :P

Jim

:oops: though you of all people could see i do actually try and help people :wink:

yep

i think one of the moderators should be assigned the task of removving ALL stupid posts.

not even bothering to move them to muppet, just completely remove the post, not the thread, just the usless or repeated posts, and employ a ten strikes and your out temp ban or sommat

Neil.
13-04-03, 01:50 AM
leave mike alone u bullys!

Chris_W
13-04-03, 02:49 AM
I agree with Jim, I think the post count should remain hidden from normal view, and only admin can see total post counts. That way it would stop a fair amount of the useless postings because people would have no reason for it.

Mike, I have a feeling why this was posted, it's probably for the same reason I said to you the other week. I came onto the site, clicked to view new posts, and your name was there as last poster on all of them! :o
Now all of the posts probably were relevant, but to anyone coming on and seeing that it must look a bit dodgy. Thats what I think anyway.

Chris

frog_southampton
13-04-03, 11:20 AM
i vote 4 mike!

he's helped me every time! ;)

Jim
13-04-03, 12:46 PM
Mike,

most of the time you are helpful, I'm not going to sit here and find comments that I think wern't helpful, and I'm not necessarily aiming my comments towards you, the topic just happened to have your name in it.

Jim

ade
13-04-03, 03:16 PM
BLOODY HELL GUYS CHILL OUT!!!

:o

Mike - Major apologies - this was posted in jest and was not meant as a dig at your (nearly always) helpful replies!

Was no more or less a useless post than some of the Pish thats posted on general or muppet corner nowadays - not that its all pish - most very humourous but a little repetitive...

Maybe should have been in muppet corner - my mistake.

The idea was simply to see the impact wisewoods absence would have on someone like Mike who - in my opinion is a heavy poster (like myself) but on most occasions posts very useful stuff!

(prob made matters worse!)

:roll: :wink:

ade
13-04-03, 08:31 PM
Micky I would but I hear he has stubble and that causes me to come out in a rash.

:D

Ade

mikeoxford
14-04-03, 12:47 AM
Mike,

most of the time you are helpful, I'm not going to sit here and find comments that I think wern't helpful, and I'm not necessarily aiming my comments towards you, the topic just happened to have your name in it.

Jim

jim mate i didnt mean you ;)

and ade mate your PM was very thoughtful, cheers.

dont worry mate i know your intentions were good :wink:

SWINE :twisted:

lol

bit of banter never did no1 any harm - theres no reason to chuck the toys out the pram - i know i aint anyway.

i dont bruise easily :twisted:

Nova-Boy
14-04-03, 01:32 PM
I know you cant show true emotions on her but by your reply i must have got you then mike! :lol:

u want me banned?

nova-boy wrote:

its comments like that should get YOU banned.

nova-boy wrote:
I think we should ban him from placing useless comments and not reply to any of his posts!!

Sorry! You are one of the most usefull people on here and i cant remember when i wrote that but if it was friday evening then i was a little tiddled! :oops:

wisewood
20-04-03, 08:14 PM
You see now after all that mike didnt even reach the bottom of the scale that ade set out for him. :D

just wanted to say that i do monitor the crap that is posted and try my best to move stuff to the relative forums and delete duplicate posts as and when i find them... giving one of the admin or mods that specific job would be quite difficult as it would be a massive job for just one person to attempt to handle on their own.

Nova-Flair
22-04-03, 03:55 PM
dunno what all the fuss is about post counts anyway.

does it really matter how much one person uses the forum? i think the heavy posting members of the site contribute largely to its success. how many times have you lot asked, say a technical or styling question and recieved a relevant answer from one of these members compared to the number of occasions you have got irrelevant crap?

mikeoxford
22-04-03, 11:11 PM
:lol: thanks everyone for voting give me the boot! :lol: