PDA

View Full Version : dark or light

waynes sri
25-02-10, 10:50 AM
here goes found two colours i fancy for my bumpers one been the same as benns the blue onehttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Crap/4rs.jpghttp://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/syep2001/Trax%202009/IMG_2430.jpgand the other mikes.but im going to be having the vinyl on the bottem of the car so in my eyes benns would be best?? or should i have them done the same as the vinyl let me know good or bad

vaughanmc
25-02-10, 10:58 AM
I'd get the bumpers and vinyl matching mate but at the end of the day it's your car, it's up to you what you want to get from it :)

waynes sri
25-02-10, 11:00 AM
I'd get the bumpers and vinyl matching mate but at the end of the day it's your car, it's up to you what you want to get from it :) ye this is true but always good to see what others think:) would you know what the vinyl colour looks like cant picture how dark or light it is lol

JShannon
25-02-10, 11:22 AM
Benns:thumb:

awesome colour

Joe

Nova_Tek
25-02-10, 11:28 AM
IIRC Benn's bumper colour was an improvised colour i.e. there is no colour code for it. So anything you get will only be a similar colour. They are both nice colours tbh. Just depends what colour your car is.

waynes sri
25-02-10, 11:50 AM
IIRC Benn's bumper colour was an improvised colour i.e. there is no colour code for it. So anything you get will only be a similar colour. They are both nice colours tbh. Just depends what colour your car is. mines red mate

Nova_Tek
25-02-10, 11:52 AM
Well red & black bumpers always have looked spot on so I'd go with the darker colour :thumb:

waynes sri
25-02-10, 11:57 AM
yea think the darker look people thinks looks better maybe a red strips in the bumpers ???

Nova_Tek
25-02-10, 11:59 AM
See that's something I have been thinking about. my bumpers are going black on my MK1. And I have been thinking if gold stripe in the bumper would look good or not.

TBH only way to find out is to try it. or do a photoshop :)

waynes sri
25-02-10, 12:03 PM
See that's something I have been thinking about. my bumpers are going black on my MK1. And I have been thinking if gold stripe in the bunper would look good or not.

TBH only way to find out is to try it. or do a photoshop :) yea i did got some strip and looked good on the colour they are now so ill after try it when a colour is found lol

vaughanmc
25-02-10, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't go black personally - I'd try that Upol Mid Grey on the bumpers and where the vinyl should be then definately put the red stripe in the bumper as SR/SRi models should have it

That was one of the 1st things I done with my Nova was the red stripe:
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/vaughanmc/Nova%20With%20Stubby%20Mirrors/Stubbys33.jpg

waynes sri
25-02-10, 03:30 PM
yes i did with my old 1.2 as it had orange strip because it was a FUN model lol. but i get what your saying so having spoke to the bloke whos going to paint all my car i asked him bout when the vinyl is painted on does he think it would look right doing bumpers same even if its a gsi bumper and he said thats what he used to do to his novas so im going to have the vinyl colour made up in a can and try it on the bumper as he knows the proper colour code been a ex vauxhall painter. but think id do the bumpers with a shine:confused:

craig green
25-02-10, 03:33 PM
I agree with vaughan. Go dark Grey or any shade of Grey, but dont go Black. Esp with Flame Red, it complments the Grey handles, skirts, vinyl etc elsewhere on the car. I find other cars like a Ford RS turbo in Red, which use a deeper or richer Red goes better with the black trim & handles etc Ford use.

edir; plenty of dedicated bumper paints available in greys etc.

waynes sri
25-02-10, 03:44 PM
ive been asked if i want the door handles doin red but think ill have them the way they are or maybe samr colour as bumpers

vaughanmc
25-02-10, 04:21 PM
It's up to you mate - I'm thinking about doing my door handles red on my Mk2 as it has a colour coded boot grab handle

It's nice to hear/read an opinion but at the end of the day it's your car and if you like/want it then it's fine

You'll only get an opinion on here and probably end up with a bigger dilema lol

waynes sri
25-02-10, 05:00 PM
It's up to you mate - I'm thinking about doing my door handles red on my Mk2 as it has a colour coded boot grab handle

It's nice to hear/read an opinion but at the end of the day it's your car and if you like/want it then it's fine

You'll only get an opinion on here and probably end up with a bigger dilema lol haha very true think im going to go with the same as the vinyl to be fair because thats the problem at the min nice dark grey round bottem than bang light grey bumpers stand out a bit too much

vaughanmc
25-02-10, 05:03 PM
Aye I would mate - Get the bumpers and vinyl done the same colour

I'd personally paint the 'vinyl' but it's up to you (Not paid close attention to your posts to see what your going for; Paint or Vinyl)

:)

waynes sri
25-02-10, 07:54 PM
Aye I would mate - Get the bumpers and vinyl done the same colour

I'd personally paint the 'vinyl' but it's up to you (Not paid close attention to your posts to see what your going for; Paint or Vinyl)

:) yes mate painting the vinyl on

vaughanmc
25-02-10, 09:10 PM
I'd definately paint bumpers and vinyl the same colour - Whether you go for a light colour or dark

Aslong as they match it'll look spot on :)

waynes sri
26-02-10, 05:41 AM
I'd definately paint bumpers and vinyl the same colour - Whether you go for a light colour or dark

Aslong as they match it'll look spot on :) what do you think should be done with the bumpers?? matt look or have a shine?

vaughanmc
26-02-10, 11:41 AM
Well, originally they'd be matt

I'd try and go for a Matt paint finish on the bumpers and the 'vinyl'