PDA

View Full Version : well happy

puntogtbax
24-02-10, 07:42 PM
got my gsi redtop running properly today thought i was goin to have to do the hydrolic lifters on it because everytime i started it it was real tappy but actually let it run for a while n now as sweet as a nut must have been tappin because the engine hasnt been run properly in a year or so:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

nova_saloon
24-02-10, 07:44 PM
lol yes when any engine drains of oil or sits there that has hydraulic lifters they always take forever to fill up. always just have to wait for a bit till it quietens down before reving it in any sort of way!

puntogtbax
24-02-10, 07:51 PM
it was stood for ages n the only running was on tickover in and out of the garage

puntogtbax
24-02-10, 07:52 PM
and found out off my mate the clutch and recon gearbox have only done a few hundred mile

blue_peg_16v
24-02-10, 07:58 PM
bonus

Spudly
25-02-10, 12:12 AM
thought i was goin to have to do the hydrolic lifters on it because everytime i started it it was real tappy but actually let it run for a while n now as sweet as a nut must have been tappin because the engine hasnt been run properly in a year or so

Told you ya needed to just let it run up and let the oil get round you big puddin, theyre quite resilient engines ya know, id drop the oil and filter once she has done a few gentle miles though as the oil will be rather gunky:thumb:

dj_wudgey
25-02-10, 06:40 PM
im with spud on this one matey do the oil and filter just to make shure!!

puntogtbax
25-02-10, 07:40 PM
had a look at the oil its like brand new sam had only just serviced it before he took it off the road goin to give it a service tho