PDA

View Full Version : Nova Gte - Very Sad Sale

Skittle
24-02-10, 03:07 PM
Hi peeps,

Before you read on - I will not be able to post pics on here until the weekend, so please keep that in mind.

For Sale (breaking my heart) is my beloved fully standard 1989 F Reg Nova 1.6 Gte.

There is a full service history (up until about 2005), and I can tell you of all the work she has had done to her in the last year.

Reason for sale - beyond my time and economical repair, she needs lots of unlimited tlc and cash that I need to put in to other things right now.

The MOT and tax are due to expire at the end of March. Works carried out last year to pass MOT are as follows:

New Sill sections (both sides)
Rear quarter panel sill sections
New brake and fuel lines front to rear
New battery tray and battery
Dizzy cap, leads and plugs
Air box removed and replaced with an f.o.c K&N
Replacement of head lights (recently given 100w rally bulbs)
Areas of Welding and Patching in the boot
New hand brake cable
Outstanding Problems:

Cat 3 Thatcham alarm/immobiliser, partially removed (I still have key), sometimes it cuts in everynow and then turning on the offside front indicator - gotta love those moments lol!
Chassis legs - bit like a pear, rotten . . .
Petrol tank, I had located a replacement as the seam is leaking, but to swap would probably mean a new exhaust
Bottom of wings starting to rot out
Engine sometimes hunts/revs too high (drops down again though), air intake related, think the screw was played with too much on Air Intake - prob just needs adjustment, defo not fuel or injection
Bit of Travel in brake pedal
Standard nova issue with fuel sender in tank - never knows how much juice is in there, but does everynow and then decide to work!Good points

5 alloys - mint for year, although apparently one is slightly warped, inc good but old legal pirelli's
3 or 4 owners I think, I may even be the third . . .
interior is MINT and standard throughout
Limited edition, as OEM, Irmischer Front Grill with spot lights (dont work all the time but look lush)
Various shades of that good old Vauxhall Nova Red
Starts ON THE KEY - beautiful, sounds as lush and raw as day she was born
Pokey as ever, still good for 115mph, without much effort, no lag or drama to get her there
140k on clock all genuine
Always used Vaux genuine parts, until last year
Rear lowered by 50mm
95% Standard from front to back- changed items are rear springs, K&N and use of non vaux parts (just motor factor) for service/mot fix last year - even has original number plates :-(
Goes out regularly for longish blasts - couple of hundred miles in a weekend without a problem.
No Oil or Fluid leaks, dry as a . . . .I don't have the option of breaking her, no time and facilities, plus I really don't want to. I know that if someone were to spend the time they would prob get £600 for the bits I would like to think she would either be used as a donor, or possibly even reshelled?!

I would like to get as much as possible for her but given that all the running gear is completely original in good condition, interior mint (and often quite sort after), I'd like to see £500. With months ticket and tax, she's a drive away deal.

I will do my utmost to get photo's this weekend and up by monday - if interested please text me.

Sigh and sob. . . . . . .

Thanks
skittle
07970 971664

Connor
24-02-10, 03:24 PM
Skittle has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
Can you clear your inbox please :)

db_1.2
24-02-10, 03:32 PM
Empty your inbox Lol

Pics as soon as please!

Skittle
24-02-10, 05:18 PM
Hi,

I have now emptied my inbox. Pics will not get here til monday - I'm in London M-F and home at weekends - wireless speed at home = rubbish!!!

Cheers
Skittle

Connor
24-02-10, 06:50 PM
pm'd
edit your inbox is still full!

bmw156
24-02-10, 06:53 PM
sprry off topic, how come you have an avatar with out being a member lol

Joe Richardson
24-02-10, 07:41 PM

lol

Tim-SR
24-02-10, 11:23 PM

when your membership runs out and is not renewed automaticaly your avatar stays i think, mine did when my membership ran out lol

Skittle
25-02-10, 02:50 PM
Hey,

I have now completely emptied my mail account!!!! if it still will not let you PM me, please text me on 07970 971664

Thanks
Skittle

Connor
25-02-10, 03:11 PM
pm'd

Skittle
03-03-10, 08:37 PM
Hey,

Here are the pics, hope I've attached these correctly . . . . .

http://pbckt.com/s1.CYL

so sad to be selling :-(

Skittle

Connor
03-03-10, 08:56 PM
pm'd