PDA

View Full Version : MY NEW NOVA SRI project, BUMPERS??

Vauxhall Mad
23-02-10, 10:16 PM
Hi,

I have recently purchased a blue 1992 Nova SRI which is needing the grey bottom half reprayed. I have seen a few painted black at bottom of the doors is this correct or is a dull anthricit grey colour same colour all round as same colour of bumpers like the older SRs. Going down the orginaly route for my SRI.

Jack
23-02-10, 11:47 PM
It should be a dark grey; the original stuff was vinyl, not paint. Usually the sides look darker than the bumpers though, probably due to the bumper plastics fading whilst the vinyl kept its colour.

Best option if you want to paint the sides is to have the bumpers done too. That way its all the same colour.

Dave.
23-02-10, 11:51 PM
It should be a dark grey; the original stuff was vinyl, not paint. Usually the sides look darker than the bumpers though, probably due to the bumper plastics fading whilst the vinyl kept its colour.

Best option if you want to paint the sides is to have the bumpers done too. That way its all the same colour.

Id personally buy a full set of SR vynal form the club shop :thumb:

Vauxhall Mad
24-02-10, 12:28 PM
Thanks for your help there, Aw i'l b goin down the sprayin all the same colour, the joy of finding the closest colour of the bumpers that please me will b fun!:roll: a matt anthricit i think??