PDA

View Full Version : exhaust baffles

xe Dan
23-02-10, 08:59 AM
rite im looking to re baffle a back box for my car wot can i use as baffles. a couple of people have said loft insalation would this be ok or do i need to get proper baffles

General Lee
23-02-10, 10:09 AM
You mean the exhaust wading or baffle as in a metal baffle

Novaboi_1991
23-02-10, 10:13 AM
rite im looking to re baffle a back box for my car wot can i use as baffles. a couple of people have said loft insalation would this be ok or do i need to get proper baffles

i assume loft insulation would be ok.. as its not flammable but is still breathable?

MattBrown
23-02-10, 10:23 AM
i assume loft insulation would be ok.. as its not flammable but is still breathable?

And will leave the end of the pipe quicklylol

We use fibre wadding in the motox, but theres no way it can escape, you would need to weld a mesh in the box to stop it coming out.

Just buy one, its easier:thumb:

Jon_nova1
23-02-10, 10:39 AM
why not just use exhaust wadding? lol

Edd
23-02-10, 10:57 AM
Or just get a new back box, probably less hassle

Southie
23-02-10, 10:57 AM
Here you go CLICKY (http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=CCLWADD1) :thumb:

xe Dan
23-02-10, 11:05 AM
yeah i ment wading and proper wadding is expensive for the size of exhaust im doing its got the baffle tubes in it its just the waddings gone and back boxes second hand dont come up that offen and when they do they are £100+ this one owes me £15 im going to give loft insulation a go as b&q are doin an offer £2.50 a roll and i could do the exhaust 5 times over lol trial and error

Jon_nova1
23-02-10, 11:10 AM
get it off EBay, i got quite abit for about a fiver lol still not used it yet though

L14MNP
23-02-10, 11:13 AM
Aye, eBay or racecarsdirect is your friend. LOL @ loft insulation!

This reminds me of a story my great auntie was telling me. A neighbour of theirs was convinced that next doors no good kids had been shoving cotton/wire wool up their exhaust. When they told me I said it sounds like it's blown the baffles out - time for a new back box. Then they proceeded to tell me I was wrong and it was like this wadding stuff and OMG it was coming out of the exhaust. lol

Jon_nova1
23-02-10, 11:43 AM
oh nooos, not wadding coming from the exhaust! thats almost as bad as a potato!