PDA

View Full Version : Wish I'd took a pic of these shafts now!

Adam*D
23-02-10, 08:42 AM
Just done a 2.0 8v conversion on a mates corsa. We bought some S/H driveshafts from a tigra 2.0 16v that was getting broke. On closer inspection of the inner CV's someone has welded a big block end bit (the bit with the splines that fits into the diff) onto a small block bit!
The tigra we got them off has been running about the town locally for quite some time and was actually owned by a mate of mine and had quite a hard life! I can't believe it's worked and they have lasted this long and they still looked fine!lol lol lol

SR Kyle
23-02-10, 09:35 AM
lol a few of my mates used this method and it works for a while but they do break ha ha

burgo
23-02-10, 01:27 PM
ok bit of a random thread for mechanical

GRUNT 16V
23-02-10, 01:54 PM
I Have Seen This Before Specky Does It Quite Often!!!!!

draper
23-02-10, 01:58 PM
we have one of these in my mates workshop, its not even welded straight lol

ill get a pic next time im down

alan b
23-02-10, 02:00 PM
have done this before for rwd applications, if you do it right, its usually safe enough.

MattBrown
23-02-10, 02:02 PM
Been done loads, and worked fine for most, if its welded right it will be fine!

burgo
23-02-10, 02:14 PM
its better than welding the shaft anyway because of the larger area to take the load

craig green
23-02-10, 02:32 PM
Aye if the welding & alignment is OK, then they function as they should, I wouldnt really want to be near a shaft that lets go however....

burgo
23-02-10, 02:35 PM
Aye if the welding & alignment is OK, then they function as they should, I wouldnt really want to be near a shaft that lets go however....well no but for how much specky charges i know which option i will go for

djbrowney
23-02-10, 07:32 PM
I Have Seen This Before Specky Does It Quite Often!!!!!

was at his his last xmas, f2cked the cv dicking about, bashed one on he had made raped the fook out of it all day at mallory the next day and never had a problem with it !:thumb: