PDA

View Full Version : Alarms?

BC
10-04-03, 09:17 PM
As my car got broken into last weekend i have decided to get an allarm. what allarms are good but cheep and easy to fit?

Cheers

BC :?

ade
10-04-03, 10:24 PM
halfords do some ok ones - laser line I think theyre called - abouyt ?80.

Basic but then if peeps wanna get into a car like a nove they will do regardless. An alarm aint gonna stop them. Just slow them down and alert peeps. Novas are easy to pop as Im sure you know

Ade

burgessovsalford
11-04-03, 03:59 PM
Everyone should have an alarm at least on a nova as they are one of the easiest car to nick.

A fiesta got nicked from outside my house, actually next to my car last night & I heard it spin off! It took them under a min to bend to door back snap it an cap it & away they went, if he would have had an alarm at least it would have alerted my neighbour(who's car it was)

Car was found about 20mins later by the police, with all the ICE stripped and it was smashed into a wall...

rysmee
11-04-03, 05:38 PM
how did they get into your car?- take measures to make sure the same doesnt happen again, or the same theives will know its an easy target.
you shouldn't really try to skimp and save when it comes to keeping your car yours. otherwise its not worth spending money on it!
if you look around you can buy a decent alarm for 100 or so (without fitting) or 200 - 300 with fitting. just go on google and type car alarms, theres loads of places- much cheaper than halfords or any high street store.
they are not too hard to fit, obviously the more features it has the more wires there'll be but a standard alarm will just need a bonnet switch attaching under the bonnet, and then its just a case of feeding the relevent wires through the bulkhead to ignition(if you have an immob) and for the flashing light. if you have central locking its a good idea to link this to alarm for remote operation and then disconnect the locks. then when some retard whips the lock off they'll think err.. hang on.. i cant open it.. and hopefull leave it. the more determined will know what to do next but the oppertunist wont. so thats half a worry off your back.

roge
12-04-03, 02:25 AM
After my MD head unit got robbed :x i got an alarm off the internet - Excalibur K9 from www.ecwuk.com. Costs bout ?80 an has a starter motor interrupt (just need to order the relay from there too). My car has since been broken into, an the morons ran after gettin inside an just left my car with a toolkit on the backseat. i only realised when i came back to my car at bout 7am. so seems like a good alarm