PDA

View Full Version : Wires to Coolant Temp Sensor

rubachuk
22-02-10, 06:23 PM
The wires into CTS plug on my C20XE snapped off at weekend so I replaced it with spade connectors, however I somehow I managed to lose track of which way round the two wires should go. Currently I have the blue/brown wire connected to the left spade (as you look at the car from the front), and the blue wire connected to the right as on the photo below.

The car runs whichever way round I put them on, but I'm not sure if the sensor will be sending duff information if they're the wrong way round. Can someone just let me know which way round they should be. Cheers.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/rubachuk/IMGP2625.jpg

let_nova
22-02-10, 06:43 PM
brown/ green closest to mount, brown/blue to the right

rubachuk
22-02-10, 06:58 PM
Trust me to have brown/blue and a blue :wtf: lol

Did all looms come with brown/blue and brown/green or did some come as mine is (with a solid blue instead of brown green)?

Am I best off swapping mine round then, blue near the mount and brown/blue to the right?

let_nova
22-02-10, 06:59 PM
that looks like another join under the cable tidy?

rubachuk
22-02-10, 07:03 PM
No. There used to be a small grommet on each wire which sealed the back of the plug. The other side which snapped off is still in the plug, the blue thing you can see on the wire is just other grommet whic I pulled out with the second wire.

AlexW
22-02-10, 08:42 PM
Wont matter what way around it is.

rubachuk
22-02-10, 09:22 PM
Wondered if that might be the case, cheers