PDA

View Full Version : C20XE Oil PRV - Leaking

chimp007_uk
22-02-10, 12:47 PM
Afternoon,

I think i've finally fixed my leaking sump :d

Took the car for a spin at the weekend and all seemed to be ok. Will check all the bolts this evening with the engine cold.

Problem I noticed yesterday, there was a small trickle of oil coming from the PRV bolt... I tightened it up and took it for a drive, came back and it was slightly loose again and oil residue on that part of the pump.

Whats the best plan of attack? I read that it should be a 24mm bolt, mine's a 19mm!? I replaced the copper o-rings. Can I use some sealant?

Thanks in advance! Want to drive the Nova up to Cov at the weekend, so would like to sort all leaks.

Thanks,

Chris

Damo
22-02-10, 12:51 PM
Afternoon,

I think i've finally fixed my leaking sump :d

Took the car for a spin at the weekend and all seemed to be ok. Will check all the bolts this evening with the engine cold.

Problem I noticed yesterday, there was a small trickle of oil coming from the PRV bolt... I tightened it up and took it for a drive, came back and it was slightly loose again and oil residue on that part of the pump.

Whats the best plan of attack? I read that it should be a 24mm bolt, mine's a 19mm!? I replaced the copper o-rings. Can I use some sealant?

Thanks in advance! Want to drive the Nova up to Cov at the weekend, so would like to sort all leaks.

Thanks,

Chris

Could you not use a little ptfe tape on the threads?.

chimp007_uk
22-02-10, 01:13 PM
Could you not use a little ptfe tape on the threads?.

Oil will dissolve it.

chimp007_uk
22-02-10, 05:59 PM
Any ideas anyone? Want to have ago at it tonight :)