PDA

View Full Version : camber bolts

CoolTiger
21-02-10, 10:22 PM
ye or ne

is it worth using camber bolts to adjust camber do they move at all ?

or is it best just to elongate the holes in the shocks ?

Dan Stanley
21-02-10, 10:35 PM
Hey mate. Ive run camber bolts on my nova and thet do the job, but they are a pain in the backside! i bought them from my local big tyre/wheel dealer (elitedirect.com) for £10 each, they cost £10 to have them fitted and then £10 each to adjust!!!! Last time I went there for tracking and camber adjustment it cost me £70! Im sure they would knock out of alignment after a years driving, plus anytime you had to take the frony leg or hub carrier off they needed adjusting again. :mad:
I'd advise save up and get some eliptical top mounts instead.

CoolTiger
21-02-10, 10:49 PM
as i thought, my nova is quite low on the front about 80ish mm and running mega camber issues scrubbing tyres out every 2000 miles only about a inch on the inside, top mounts seem a good idea, didnt think abou them before, :) cheers

brainsnova
21-02-10, 11:19 PM
i just done my mums camber on her polo as the garage said they couldnt :tard: the polo shocky holes are elongated and theres alot of adjustment but i mind reading elongate the holes and fit washers on the get the camber adjusted thern weld the washers to the shock.

CoolTiger
22-02-10, 12:09 AM
i just done my mums camber on her polo as the garage said they couldnt :tard: the polo shocky holes are elongated and theres alot of adjustment but i mind reading elongate the holes and fit washers on the get the camber adjusted thern weld the washers to the shock. sounds like a plan, last time i went to get my camber done they wouldnt do it becuase the tyre would be too close to wing i was like let me worry about that but still told me they wouldnt do it

AlexW
22-02-10, 06:03 PM
Adam i done the mod brains said about on a mates car, it would be fine for you providing you never change the suspension.

Otherwise camber bolts are good, can get them roughly right yourself.

boffer8
23-02-10, 08:51 AM
to be honest i would fit camber adjustable top mounts, this means you can then adjust camber and castor and they wont move on you either, a litlle bit more expensive to do but gives you piece of mind and also saves you butchering anything and makes the suspension do the work rather than the rubber bush which is always a good thing :thumb:

General Baxter
23-02-10, 02:33 PM
camber bolts FTW for £13 you cant go wrong :)

before (see the wood touches the arch aswell)
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a191/baxters83/Image068.jpg

after
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a191/baxters83/Image069.jpg