PDA

View Full Version : C20xe question?

Damo
21-02-10, 07:07 PM
Dont know if this is the right section or not but anyway.

Has anyone had problems with a c20xe overheating in traffic or whilst idleing? Was just wondering if so how you have got round it i.e wired a sepaarte switch to the fan etc.

Ive not had mine on the road yet so im just wondering just incase i ever come across any problems.

Im running a corsa rad and fan. The switch is running off the normal wiring plug which should tell the fan to cut in at 98degrees?

Im just thinking of the bay temparatures.

Any info appreciated.

If this is the wrong section mod please feel free to move.

Damo.

Adam
21-02-10, 07:13 PM
If the cooling fan kicks in when it should it will never overheat.
If it overheats then its got a problem

djbrowney
21-02-10, 07:13 PM
what he said ^

never ever had a problem on a standard nova rad !

Damo
21-02-10, 07:15 PM
If the cooling fan kicks in when it should it will never overheat.
If it overheats then its got a problem

Yea fan works ad was just thinking ahead thats all with how close the manifold is to the rad and everything an the heat that going to be under the bonnet.

Damo
21-02-10, 07:16 PM
what he said ^

never ever had a problem on a standard nova rad !

Im running a 1.4 corsa rad mate which is a little smaller than a nova gsi rad so should be ok with that i think.

chimp007_uk
21-02-10, 07:19 PM
i'm currently running a 1.2 rad and it's been fine. I did have a problem a while back that was due to air in the pipes.

Try bleeding the system.

Damo
21-02-10, 07:33 PM
i'm currently running a 1.2 rad and it's been fine. I did have a problem a while back that was due to air in the pipes.

Try bleeding the system.

Like i said above ive not driven it yet but just sort of asking to find out if anyones had any probs or owt really mate cheers anyway.:thumb:

Jon_nova1
21-02-10, 07:34 PM
I ran a nova 1.2 radiator, it didn't overheat in traffic lol

Adam
21-02-10, 09:37 PM
Yea fan works ad was just thinking ahead thats all with how close the manifold is to the rad and everything an the heat that going to be under the bonnet.
The only time my tempt has ever reached half way to bring the fan on was in the queue to get into Billing and sitting waiting for 1/4 runs at Pod.
And a decent cooling fan drops it down to a 1/4 in about a minute....

It never goes above a quarter when driving.

Damo
21-02-10, 09:50 PM
The only time my tempt has ever reached half way to bring the fan on was in the queue to get into Billing and sitting waiting for 1/4 runs at Pod.
And a decent cooling fan drops it down to a 1/4 in about a minute....

It never goes above a quarter when driving.

So i shouldnt come across any probs then hopefully because ive made sure eveythings bled ok and fan kicks in at halfway on temp scale and drops it to just above blue :thumb: .