PDA

View Full Version : Tinting Windows

Nova-Boy
10-04-03, 03:41 PM
I have decided i am going to get them done. Taking into account you can only have your front ones slightly tinted (not sure how mcuh) what should i get?

What is legal tint to have in your front windows? Not the windscreen before anyone trys to be funny!!

Chris LR
10-04-03, 03:48 PM
I'd personaly go for a light tint all round, having dark rears - clear fronts would look stupid IMO.

Nova-Boy
10-04-03, 03:54 PM
Thats what ithought. There is a lad in my town that has Limo black back windows but dark smoke front windows. He says thats the darkest you can go on the front windows but i thought you wern't even allowd that dark?? Anyone know the real laws? Is it 30% or something?

Saying that i have a racing visor that is 85% black!!

bish
10-04-03, 03:59 PM
i had limo black all round and it took them 6 months to finally tell me to take them off,dark smoke isnt legal either and i dont think they like light smoke much but not sure if its really legal or not

ade
10-04-03, 11:08 PM
police on some counties how have special light guns that can detect the denseness of light.

According to a modding guide I have, max on front windscreen is 25% light travelling through, and 30% on other glass.

If the car has tinted glass as standard, you need to take this into account.

If you get it fitted by a company, get a certificate to state that its road legal just incase.
Many kits you DIY have "show use only" on them.
Ade

Chris LR
10-04-03, 11:09 PM
I've seen those detectors ade, West Mids Use em. Very small bits of kit,

?Marty?
11-04-03, 12:58 AM
No it's actually 75% (or there abouts) light that must travel through the front windows.

What colour is your car? Try coloured tints, like green or blue, etc.

From list: light smoke all round, or dark smoke rear/light smoke front.

Neil.
11-04-03, 01:19 AM
i've just got limo black on my back ones(2 sides and boot) as i've got ?800 worth of ice in me car, with a GOOD ALARM too! but dont want anyone to be able to look in the back of the car, rear seats, side pannels and everything is black too so u cant realy see much!

Nova-Boy
11-04-03, 08:15 AM
My car is dark red. I dont want to do the back windows darker than the front windows cos i think that will look pants. I live at the edge of nowhere and i am pretty sure the cops are not too fussed round here. Lots of people have really dark windows all round there car. I dont know whether to risk it with a dark smoke cos knowing my look i will get told to take it off the day i put it on!!