PDA

View Full Version : where do i stand?

squirrel-designs
20-02-10, 08:06 AM
i set off yesterday to go to santa pod for the friday night stunt night satturday night special and sunday run what you brung, so i was going to stay fri and sat night. they had bad weather and cancled the stunt night last minute. there was 8 of us and another 8 an hour ahead with a caravan a motorhome a car with a car on the back with a trailor and a van. (coming from blackpool 210miles) the lads ahead of us turn up at pod to be told there closed but they tell the guy theyve got no where to go and let them in to camp for the night. when we get there an hour later he refuses to let us in even though 2 girls we were with are suppose to staying in the motorhome. we didnt argue with him just asked nicely if he would kindly let us in to camp as we had no where to go. he tlls us to put our tents up on the concrete outside santa pod gates :mad: we ended up staying in a local hotel at £50 a night for 2 people so £200 in total. am i right to put a complaint in about this? surely he cant let 8 people in and refuse the other 8 there with. he also told us he was only aloud under 18s on there for insurance reasons and then said there only aloud 18 people in total on the site what a joke!

George g
20-02-10, 10:07 AM
Did you tell him you were stopping with the people already in there? And did you ring them so they could of come to convince the security guard?

Ben
20-02-10, 10:18 AM
Im sure there will be a sign up to say managment reserve the right to refuse admission.

squirrel-designs
21-02-10, 01:56 PM
Did you tell him you were stopping with the people already in there? And did you ring them so they could of come to convince the security guard?

yeah told him we was with the other 8 people he went and spoke to our mates and then came back and said no i cant let u in

KSRY
21-02-10, 02:02 PM
Im sure there will be a sign up to say managment reserve the right to refuse admission.

Agreed, I'd say complain, but I don't think you'll get anywhere, sorry

bazil
21-02-10, 02:02 PM
if you complain they will probably tell you that you should have phoned ahead to confirm the event was still going ahead, you should get a refund on any tickets booked in advance, last minute cancellations are crap.

L33 LEG
21-02-10, 02:38 PM
I wouldnt bother to be honest. Doubt anything would be done about it. Just take it as a lesson and next time the weather is predicted to be bad, think of the worse.

muzzy
21-02-10, 02:41 PM
I would imagine any complaint will fall on deaf ears im afraid, they will have plenty policies to cover themselves for these sort of situations that they will point out if you were to write to them.

craig green
21-02-10, 03:52 PM
Just boycott POD, the place is a craphole.

blue_peg_16v
21-02-10, 04:02 PM
true craig but compaired to yorkraceway its stunning lol

Ben
21-02-10, 04:07 PM
true craig but compaired to yorkraceway its stunning lol

Thats the problem, they hold the monolopy and can do as and what they like, all the other places across the country are pittiful compared to the pod and thats pretty damn awful!

mowgli
21-02-10, 04:56 PM
as the weather is classed as act of god, you will not have a leg to stand on.