PDA

View Full Version : boot alignment

vauxluva
19-02-10, 05:26 AM
my boot has been removed at some point and looks like they put it on wile they had there eyes closed,any help plz how do i put it rite

nova-taken
19-02-10, 05:40 AM
had this problem on my first nova, my dad soon sorted it though, with a big hammer to one of the poor things hinges lol

jimbob-mcgrew
19-02-10, 06:35 AM
check its got the correct sized pins thru the 2 hinges as that would make it crooked. and the shutter pin & catch alignment.

if no luck tho, hinge guides might need a smack like nova-taken said. if u have to whack it, make sure u treat any exposed steel afterwards as the paint will most likely crack (if not happened allready) and rust will set in prety speedy.

vauxluva
23-02-10, 08:36 PM
check its got the correct sized pins thru the 2 hinges as that would make it crooked. and the shutter pin & catch alignment.

if no luck tho, hinge guides might need a smack like nova-taken said. if u have to whack it, make sure u treat any exposed steel afterwards as the paint will most likely crack (if not happened allready) and rust will set in prety speedy.cheers chaps:thumb:

Iain
23-02-10, 08:38 PM
wtf are you hammering them for, just unbolt the hinges from inside the car and jiggle till it's straight.

mowgli
23-02-10, 10:44 PM
wtf are you hammering them for, just unbolt the hinges from inside the car and jiggle till it's straight.

saved me saying it....

AlexW
23-02-10, 11:21 PM
^Does that not mean removing at least part of the headlining?

Iain
24-02-10, 08:22 AM
Yes the very rear part will need pulling down.

General Baxter
24-02-10, 09:40 AM
HIT IT :thumb:

jimbob-mcgrew
24-02-10, 10:42 AM
lol