PDA

View Full Version : rear brake and fog light

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
19-02-10, 02:17 AM
doesnt work on one side cheked bulbs swaped over and works fine on other side is there a type of bulb to get or something?

vaughanmc
19-02-10, 12:31 PM
Fog light will be a single filament(sp) bulb and your brake light is also your driving/tail light so it'll be double filament(sp)

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
19-02-10, 05:15 PM
the bulbs are fine and arent broke and are as described jw why they arent working electical fault maybe ?

Jack
19-02-10, 08:27 PM
When you say brake and fog, you mean both those on one side aren't working? Is the tail light filament and indicator working?

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
19-02-10, 11:49 PM
When you say brake and fog, you mean both those on one side aren't working? Is the tail light filament and indicator working?
thats correct jack brake light and fog light on one side are working and bulb filaments are spot on and when i swap bulbs over from left brake and fog to right the right side works stil meaning the bulbs were ok and left side wont work .

brainsnova
20-02-10, 12:05 AM
there is only 1 foglight and 1 reverse and have you checked the fuses as the rears are seperate feeds iirc.

JordyzNova
20-02-10, 10:04 AM
bulb holder funkd ?

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
20-02-10, 10:21 AM
there is only 1 foglight and 1 reverse and have you checked the fuses as the rears are seperate feeds iirc.

will check fuses thanks :thumb:

Jack
20-02-10, 02:11 PM
Both rear brake lights use the same fuse, number 7 according to Haynes. Foglight is fuse 5 I think.

As said, could be the bulb holder thats borked. Try swapping the holders over and see if that makes a difference.

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
21-02-10, 01:36 AM
Both rear brake lights use the same fuse, number 7 according to Haynes. Foglight is fuse 5 I think.

As said, could be the bulb holder thats borked. Try swapping the holders over and see if that makes a difference.

thanks pal im guessinf its the holder as its nakard already not fasning in so may have been deoped or sumthing in past but as said bulbs are fine tah

Dan Stanley
21-02-10, 10:43 PM
Sometimes the bulb holders just get a bit corroded and need scraping with a thin flat headed screwdriver, thats what I'd try next. Hope that helps?

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
22-02-10, 12:05 AM
Sometimes the bulb holders just get a bit corroded and need scraping with a thin flat headed screwdriver, thats what I'd try next. Hope that helps?

thanks will try this also

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
03-03-10, 06:03 PM
its not the lights or fuse as got all new ones and its not the contact points any idea now?

AlexW
03-03-10, 06:13 PM
Got a multimeter? Or one of those elec screwdriver things with the bulb inside. See if you have a feed to the rear light. The problem could be with the headlight switch.

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
04-03-10, 06:52 PM
Got a multimeter? Or one of those elec screwdriver things with the bulb inside. See if you have a feed to the rear light. The problem could be with the headlight switch.

what could be wrong with Hlight switch pal? think it may be that