PDA

View Full Version : noisy dizzy

jimbob-mcgrew
18-02-10, 03:34 PM

sounds like my dizzy is the culprit, revolution based scrunching, would that just be the rotor arm spinning or something a bit more internal ? once my waterpump and alternator belt warm up and shut up, can hear it prety loud when youve got your ear next to it.

AlexW
18-02-10, 03:38 PM
prob the weights etc inside being mashed.

mowgli
18-02-10, 03:38 PM
little bob weights..... they wear on their pins... get a recon very soon... when the noise stops, its when they give way & chop your cap in two....

AlexW
18-02-10, 03:39 PM
little bob weights..... they wear on their pins... get a recon very soon... when the noise stops, its when they give way & chop your cap in two....

Or when you go to change the cap and rotor arm and they fall out onto your gearbox.

mowgli
18-02-10, 03:42 PM
Or when you go to change the cap and rotor arm and they fall out onto your gearbox.

you've obviously not been revving one hard enough then, have you...?

jimbob-mcgrew
18-02-10, 03:42 PM
ahh, i thought it might be something like that, dirty dizzy beeh0tch.

nice one guys for uber-quick reply, i think ive got a spare unit kicking about actually, ill do a swip-swap and treat it to a fresh cap and arm while im there, should do me for another year with a bit o luck :thumb:

jimbob-mcgrew
19-02-10, 04:59 PM
changed it earlier, i think its in even worse nick than the previous one lol
ive set the timing up now tho, so im gonna leave it for the time being.

is it just those 2 lil springs thats the culprit ? where can i get replacements, mine are rusty as f0ok.

djshaggeh
19-02-10, 05:30 PM
Farmer tom has the one you gave to me jimbob, I'm sure he wont mind giving it back.

jimbob-mcgrew
20-02-10, 06:44 AM
its a 1.4 setup that mate, but i might need to get it back off him possibly for a future engine swap.