PDA

View Full Version : bigger cam ??

novataken1987
17-02-10, 07:53 PM
been lookin about and people r sayin about puttin a bigger cam in the 1.2 lump is it worth doin it or not and will it make it faster ???

Asa-James
17-02-10, 08:43 PM
depends what you mean by faster. yes it will have a bit more poke, but it wont ever be a speed machine. if you want outright pace, throw a bigger engine in. i'm too lazy to do that, and i'm interested in how much power i can squeeze from a tired 1.2 without spending lots of money, but using mechanical know how :)

its worth doing if you absolutely want to stick with the 1.2 for a long time, otherwise its a waste of money to spend on an engine if your going to change it/get rid of the car in the next year or so

novataken1987
17-02-10, 10:06 PM
just askin about on wot to do was goin to put a 1.4sri lump init but dint no i had to change the petrol tank and all that lol so just seein wot else i could do coz only wont it to b fast round twn coz hardly ever race dwn motaway well not race about at all at the mo to slowwwww lol

Asa-James
18-02-10, 07:14 AM
word of advice, drop the text talk, and if you want it to be fast "round town" then you need a better engine. look out for a 1.3 sr engine, or even a 1.4 sr. both still use carbs and so use the carb tank.

George g
18-02-10, 10:53 AM
Not being funny mate, but have you attempted to look in the articles section? There is a 1.2 tuning guide that's pretty good.

Also, why would you want to race round town? Or even down the motorway? Leave it to the back lanes, as its much more fun! (not to mention there is less risk of being caught)

Asa-James
18-02-10, 01:46 PM
Traffic light grand prix y0