PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 to a 1.4sri nova help

novataken1987
17-02-10, 04:47 PM
hello people new to the site but need your help

i got a 1.2 nova witch is carb but lookin to put a 1.4 sri lump init just askin how i need to go about it...

i got the 1.4sri lump gear box and ecu and engine wireing is there anything else i need to get or is there anything i need to change :)

thanks chris

matt_vaughan
17-02-10, 04:51 PM
Tank and pump

novataken1987
17-02-10, 05:22 PM
so i need to change the petrol tank

do u think it would b better to just go of a 1.4 sr lump

mowgli
17-02-10, 05:28 PM
1.4 sr's are a fine engine, but you have trouble getting hold of the right distributors/coils etc, cos people use them on 1600's with carb conversions. if you find a decent 1.4 carb engine, look at the cam end where the dizzy goes, as the 1.2 has a slot drive & sometimes the 1.4 cam has a slot.

the 1.4sri is truly an easy engine to fit in a 1.2, you can get away with the std 1.2 tank, but a proper efi tank is a lot more reliable, then you need the external efi pump to fit under the rear end. but it is possible to fit one in a day with good mechanical ability. its things like throttle cables & heater pipes that slow you up, you need the sri ones

Pistol Pete
17-02-10, 05:38 PM
You *might* struggle with the loom side of things. IIRC the SRi's car and engine loom is intergrated!! I'm sorting my loom (mine was an SRi originally) for my XE conversion soon. Bought a boggo spec 1.2 loom to make life abit easier. You might want to use what you can from the 1.2 loom you have.

novataken1987
17-02-10, 07:23 PM
klkl thanks people big help will have to have a hunt around for for the bit u all said about :)

as i said im new to the site i will post some pics so u can see the beast

stupot89
17-02-10, 07:30 PM
You *might* struggle with the loom side of things. IIRC the SRi's car and engine loom is intergrated!! I'm sorting my loom (mine was an SRi originally) for my XE conversion soon. Bought a boggo spec 1.2 loom to make life abit easier. You might want to use what you can from the 1.2 loom you have.

yes it is easier to get hold of a full car loom as thts what i did makes life so much easier