PDA

View Full Version : fuel gauge

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 05:14 PM
my fuel gauge works ramdamly. i've wiggled the wires and doen teh obvious. any other ideas?

Alex
09-04-03, 05:16 PM
fuel sender problem?

Nova-Boy
09-04-03, 08:09 PM
I hate nova fuel gauges! The problem is usually the sender. It is a vairiable rersistor that has an arm with a float. As the petrol goes up and down the arm moves over the resistance coil changing the resistance. What you will find is that where the gauge is sat most the coil will wear out. This way when the tank is full and there is either high or low resistance the petrol gauge will work. When the petrol sinks to below the brocken coil it will go straight down to empty.

Is this your problem??

Chris LR
09-04-03, 09:28 PM
They have loads of different problems.....

Mine used to go off the scale when I filled it, even just putting a litre in..... Empty was roughly around 1/4 full

mikeoxford
09-04-03, 09:59 PM
They have loads of different problems.....

Mine used to go off the scale when I filled it, even just putting a litre in..... Empty was roughly around 1/4 full

:lol: no offence but thats funny!

Nova-Boy
10-04-03, 08:10 AM
My current gaude is always quater of a tank out! When i fill it to the brim it only goes to 3/4 etc etc.. I think it is either a bent sender or out of a differnt nova. Do some novas have different fuel tanks?

mikeoxford
10-04-03, 05:51 PM
Do some novas have different fuel tanks?

i counted 6 different ones on my version of EPC

Nova-Boy
10-04-03, 08:05 PM
Well I now have one for sale thats off some kind of nova (not 1.2) and i need a 1.2 fuel sender please!!!

Chris LR
10-04-03, 08:31 PM
Mike the whole car was a joke towards the end........

Push fag lighter in, pop goes the alternator along with the dash fuses.

mikeoxford
10-04-03, 10:36 PM
Mike the whole car was a joke towards the end........

Push fag lighter in, pop goes the alternator along with the dash fuses.

:oops: