PDA

View Full Version : C20XE with lambda?

Damo
16-02-10, 09:54 AM
Right guys ive read a few threads reguarding the lambda sensor with people saying you can run the early XE's without the lambda connected but you have to run a wire to ground.

Right what i want to know is where is the wire i have to ground and will that then cancel the managment out and will it run fuel efficiently without one connected and has anyone done this?

Any help appreciated guys rep waiting?

Damo.

phazer
16-02-10, 10:14 AM
Pin 20 IIRC

Damo
16-02-10, 10:30 AM
Pin 20 IIRC

Thought it was phazer but i was wondering if i could ground it from the actual lambda plug on the loom or does it have to come straight from the ECU?

MattBrown
16-02-10, 10:51 AM
Why would you run without one?

If It didnt need it, Vauxhall wouldnt put it in?

General Baxter
16-02-10, 11:10 AM
what matt said

just bloody run one lol

Damo
16-02-10, 11:32 AM
what matt said

just bloody run one lol

lol Its just it didnt get one with the engine an there quite pricey new lol so was gonna run it open loop if it would run properly.

burgo
16-02-10, 11:39 AM
lol Its just it didnt get one with the engine an there quite pricey new lol so was gonna run it open loop if it would run properly.

you tried a wanted ad??

General Baxter
16-02-10, 11:40 AM
a sensor ?

£30 tops lol

Damo
16-02-10, 11:48 AM
you tried a wanted ad??

Yea mate but to no reply.

Damo
16-02-10, 11:49 AM
a sensor ?

£30 tops lol

£30 quids £30 nick lol moneys tight these days lol.

General Baxter
16-02-10, 11:55 AM
or £30 less miles to a tank lol

Damo
16-02-10, 11:57 AM
or £30 less miles to a tank lol

lol well yea if you put it that way then:d .

novabrad90
16-02-10, 01:21 PM
i got one off of colin smith for £20 posted, try him

Damo
16-02-10, 02:00 PM
i got one off of colin smith for £20 posted, try him

Thanks mate will give him a try.

Southie
16-02-10, 02:07 PM
Thanks mate will give him a try.
Don't forget to email him as he don't reply to pm's ;) colinesmith@aol.com

Damo
16-02-10, 02:33 PM
Don't forget to email him as he don't reply to pm's ;) colinesmith@aol.com

i wont southie cheers :) .

Mazz
16-02-10, 06:00 PM
Scrap yard, they are pocket sized...iirc as long as its a 3 wire/pin itwill work, but you will need to change connections

Damo
17-02-10, 08:34 AM
Scrap yard, they are pocket sized...iirc as long as its a 3 wire/pin itwill work, but you will need to change connections

Cheers mazz i thought of that but i dont have the plug that connects to the one on the loom was thinking of cutting the conection off another model but then its getting the wires connected the right way round unless anyone can shed any light on what colour wires do what?

The other alternative was to buy a new universal one off ebay and put conections on the wires and do away with the loom plug also but then i still have the issue over the wire colours?

Any more help appreciated im a noob to anything other than a smallblock lol.

Damo.

Damo
17-02-10, 02:06 PM
As above anyone got any ideas what colour wires do what also same on the loom as im thinking of getting a universal one but need to make sure i get the wires on right way round.

craig green
17-02-10, 02:09 PM
Just get an XE lambda. There must be someone an a Vauxhall forum selling one cheap.

If you cant afford to run a performance car, dont. How many other bodges are on your car?

Damo
17-02-10, 02:48 PM
Just get an XE lambda. There must be someone an a Vauxhall forum selling one cheap.

If you cant afford to run a performance car, dont. How many other bodges are on your car?

:roll: lol None its taken months to be built up with evrything ive ordered ive not scrimped on cheap tat its just i couldnt find an xe lambda anywhere but the universal ones are avaliable all the time ive never used one so dont know the ins an outs of them. But has it happens ive now managed to source one for £30 from unipart it was mazz that originally said get one from a scrapyard and join the wires up.:confused:

Mazz
17-02-10, 07:43 PM
tbh, i don't see a problem doing that, if it works - then why not....

Damo
17-02-10, 08:34 PM
tbh, i don't see a problem doing that, if it works - then why not....

Absolutly mazz well said mate if it works whats the problem.

phazer
17-02-10, 10:13 PM
On a standard bosch sensor wire colours are as follows

White (x2) = Heater 12v
Black = Signal
Grey = Earth

If you have no grey it earths through the sensor body/manifold. You may not have heater wires or maybe only one.

Don't get a universal sensor off ebay, get a genuine bosch. It'll out last a few cheapo ones.