PDA

View Full Version : power steering

swedge
15-02-10, 08:58 PM
im converting my 1.0 to an x16xe at the end of the month and was wondering if i can fit the Steering rack and use the power steering pump

xe_nova9
15-02-10, 10:07 PM
fail on amount of info.

What steering rack and pump?

bazil
15-02-10, 10:33 PM
as i have said in varios thread about power steering, WHY?
if you dont have a quickrack there aint no point.

swedge
25-02-10, 11:23 AM
the rack is from a corsa b

so does anyone know if it fits?

Edd
25-02-10, 11:33 AM
No it won't

swedge
25-02-10, 11:37 AM
does the rack mount different or if it just the corsa is slightly wider?

Edd
25-02-10, 11:39 AM
Arms on the rack are too long

swedge
25-02-10, 11:40 AM
cant i just wind them in or see if nova arms fit?

just trying to figure out if it can be done with little mods lol

Edd
25-02-10, 11:45 AM
No you gave to get them shortened.

People that have done it have had problems with mot when modifying the arms iirc.

Corsa b epas column is the way to go if you want power steering IMO

swedge
25-02-10, 11:53 AM
hmm, cheers for your help ill have a look at it all once i have both cars stripped

tbh im no hat fussed about p/s just if it was an easy option i would do it

swedge
25-02-10, 12:38 PM
just spoke to a mate who deals alot in corsas and he says that ealy corsa b's have shorter arms

is that right?

AlexW
25-02-10, 02:48 PM
No, All corsa's have a wider track (2inch over all, 1inch eather side of course), You MAY be able to get nova arms to fit but ive never seen inside the boot of a PAS rack. CG has his shortened, winding up the TRE isnt enough, theres not enough thread, and to get enough thread you need to tap more, but then you hit the section where its flat so you cant do it like that.

Basically they need to be cut and welded (by a pro idealy, and best to be sleeved).

Also you would be best using a saxo/106/clio PAS pump as the corsa pump wont work due to the engine bracket as iirc they share the same, but i may be wrong and it might be fine!

EPAS is the best option unless you got all the above bits very cheap. You will need Corsa B EPAS, not C as it would need a aftermarket steering wheel. Then its a case of a new bracket, a controller (Ebay), or a VSS and a engine rev (I presume it just uses the same as the rev counter).

xe_nova9
25-02-10, 08:32 PM
A Corsa EPAS rack will fit a nova, just need the nova arms in the corsa rack.

Correct me if im wrong.

bazil
25-02-10, 08:35 PM
A Corsa EPAS rack will fit a nova, just need the nova arms in the corsa rack.

Correct me if im wrong.

EPAS is on the colum and may foul the fuse box on a mk1, pas rack can be fitted as said with nova colum and moded arms and electric pump.:thumb: