PDA

View Full Version : after market management on x16xe

*Dave*
15-02-10, 06:59 PM
hi i was wondering if its posible to get after market management/ecu that works on and pretty standard setup as im goin to be using high comp pistons and forged rods along with a mantzel type powerbox and dont want it detenating(too much compression).

so ill need to retard the ignition timing.

i will eventually be getting throttle bodies when funds are available just need something for now.

cheers.

burgo
15-02-10, 07:01 PM
yep any after market management will work

*Dave*
15-02-10, 07:31 PM
will ill need to change sensors? and what exactly will i need.?

i dont know anything about after market management, sorry.

burgo
15-02-10, 07:46 PM
all the gm sensors should be compatible.

as for what you want the general consensus is find your local tuner and see which management they prefer

phazer
15-02-10, 09:30 PM
The only sensor you will struggle with is the idle valve as it's a stepper motor. There are only one, maybe two systems that can support these. Otherwise you'd have to sort out some other idel control using a c20xe item for example. As Burgo said, all other sensors will be/are compatible.

craig green
15-02-10, 09:51 PM
Is the idle valve within the TB like on the C16XE?

I know Jamsport do a drive in/drive out with Gotech management, mapped for a grand. Obv better mapping & a neater installation would probably be more. You need to factor in the cost of making the loom also.

phazer
15-02-10, 10:21 PM
Yup it is.

*Dave*
16-02-10, 07:13 PM
hmm may aswell save a few more pennies and get throttle bodies, found a full kit for £1600.

Stuart
16-02-10, 07:26 PM
talk to the steves at track and road in rainham, essex :)

*Dave*
17-02-10, 07:18 PM
ok heres another question lol (yes im annoying)

thinking of bike carbs now......

what carbs are best?
management?
cost?

Dan Stanley
17-02-10, 07:43 PM
Hey matey. If it was me i would chat to my engine tuner, which just so happens to be Track 'n' Road (01708 869189). Ive got Emerald on mine. I ran it on my 2.0 8v and then my 2.0 16v. It didnt use the idle speed control valve at all, just:
Air temp sensor
Coolant temp sensor
crank sensor
Throttle potentiometer
and I think that was it
I had to build the loom myself though. You probably need a comfortable budget but once you have management you can make the most out of every other mod you do. personally i'd go throttle bodies.

*Adz*
17-02-10, 08:55 PM
hmm bike carbs would be differnt

Adam
18-02-10, 04:07 PM
ok heres another question lol (yes im annoying)

thinking of bike carbs now......

what carbs are best?
management?
cost?

TBH i wouldnt bother. They end up costing a lot tbh.
Unless you use v.cheap management like Megajolt or something

Stick with the mantzel etc, get some management on it, proper map, and rev the bastid!!! 150bhp is possible. :thumb:
Dont need the idle motor, id blank the hole for it on the tb and just set it using the throttle stop, set it to 900/1000rpm

Linch
18-02-10, 04:49 PM
I would also change the coil pack to a 20xev or a ford one, no need to run them amplified then.

*Dave*
18-02-10, 08:21 PM
TBH i wouldnt bother. They end up costing a lot tbh.
Unless you use v.cheap management like Megajolt or something

Stick with the mantzel etc, get some management on it, proper map, and rev the bastid!!! 150bhp is possible. :thumb:
Dont need the idle motor, id blank the hole for it on the tb and just set it using the throttle stop, set it to 900/1000rpm

i like the sound of 9000rpm lol

should be ok with my forged internals, so it sound like a plan!!.

whats megasquirt like if i use my mantzel setup?

would like to rep you but dont know how

Adam
18-02-10, 08:25 PM
Amplified coil puts less strain on the ecu though.

Stuart
18-02-10, 09:24 PM
Amplified coil puts less strain on the ecu though.

a properly designed ECU should be fine though.... if its not fine then its 5hit and wants binning (unless it wasnt designed to run non amped)

Paul
18-02-10, 09:29 PM
I would speak to the Steves at T+R, top blokes, with awesome results and service.

I woulf **** the ICV off and I know Steves map Omex very well. The ICV can throw the Map out if its bollocksed etc etc

craig green
18-02-10, 11:52 PM
A Mantzel setup properly mapped ought to be pretty awesome really. For what it is.

peester
19-02-10, 09:51 PM
just remember that going all out for peak bhp may loose you torque where u once had some.. might 'miss' it..

*Dave*
20-02-10, 06:24 PM
yea good advice from all of you that has commented.

thanks alot!!! top stuff as usual.

ill giv track and road a ring as see whats best.
cheers...