PDA

View Full Version : v6 mounting/conversion

just vaux trev
15-02-10, 05:00 PM
just about to start fitting my x25xe and looking for as much info on fitting and mounting before i start, and yes i have read through the project threads and there aint that much info on mounts,wiring ect any info appreaciated (spelling) also what box would be best with low budget:thumb:

General Baxter
15-02-10, 05:01 PM
wiring is simple,

engine mount is a cutom one, your going to have to get the engine in and lvl, then make a mount to go with it,

then 'adjust' the rear manifold and downpipes

Jack
15-02-10, 05:06 PM
F20 is easiest and most readily available, some people run them fine but mine has eaten 3.

As said, front side mount is a case of line it up, measure and make your own; rear manifold needs "work" to clear the rack. Errrrmmmm slam panel will probably need cutting for clearance unless you have the metal rocker covers. Radiator has to be pushed a bit further forward too, mine is held on top with cable ties lol Can't think of anything else off the top of my head...

just vaux trev
15-02-10, 05:16 PM
i have also read something about the alt belt needing to be custom is there one off the shelf to do the job?

just vaux trev
15-02-10, 05:19 PM
F20 is easiest and most readily available, some people run them fine but mine has eaten 3.

As said, front side mount is a case of line it up, measure and make your own; rear manifold needs "work" to clear the rack. Errrrmmmm slam panel will probably need cutting for clearance unless you have the metal rocker covers. Radiator has to be pushed a bit further forward too, mine is held on top with cable ties lol Can't think of anything else off the top of my head...

is this the same with the veccy gsi style x25xe

Mazz
15-02-10, 05:41 PM
I'd guess so as they are all basically the same bottom end..

Jack
15-02-10, 05:47 PM
Yeah, only difference is the inlets in terms of fitting in the bay. Not sure how well the GSi inlet would fit? Its quite flat but comes out over the front bank so would foul the slam panel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/cornishtaz/My%20Vectra/0703110007.jpg

And yeah, you need something like a non-AC alternator belt too.

[edit] Looking at that pic, you won't have much room for the air filter too. Be better to reverse the inlet like you do on the 3.0 one perhaps.

just vaux trev
15-02-10, 05:50 PM
i guess the rear and gear box mount is the same as c20xe conversion?

General Baxter
15-02-10, 05:50 PM
theres one on here with them inlets, fits rather nice lol

Dirtydog1
15-02-10, 06:13 PM
use a short alternator belt and run it around tensioner, alternator, water pump and crank. that way you can un bolt all the pas brackets etc. it works very well ive done 3 like this with no problems at all!

engine mount as said above, or i can make you one for £100 posted, it will be a complete mount from standard nova mount to block.

rear manifold needs cutting and bending back until flush with back of alternator.also turn the flange around 90 degrees to aid clearance. obviously the rear of the front pipe will need some work to join to the modded manifold. just time consuming really.

rear mount needs spacing over by about 10mm roughly. f20 f18 or ideally f16wr box with either the skinny xe flywheel or pot type xe fly and clutch to suit. makes engine alot revier

apart from that it is very straight forward, i found it as easy as a redtop tbh. the loom wiring is the same!

Failing that buy mine, its all complete and ready to go! lol

any questions just pm me pal, ive got a few spares too

Dirtydog1
15-02-10, 06:15 PM
x25xe will be the normal single inlet.

just vaux trev
16-02-10, 02:48 PM
thanks for info im sure i'll have lot of questions when i get into it:thumb: