PDA

View Full Version : MK Meet Sunday 4th/11th/18th May 2003 - Now you can vote!

MattyWoo
08-04-03, 11:23 PM
Right after the sucess of the last one i think we should hold another MK one in a few weeks so i propose the 4th may. Its after pay day etc. which should be cushti for most people. let me know whether this is cool or i should just shut up and bugger off :lol:
cheers
Matt

joeczucha
08-04-03, 11:25 PM
18th would be a lot better mate coz its my girlfriends birthday on the 4th and she would just plain kill me... J 8)

Slatter
08-04-03, 11:27 PM
sounds good to me

hopefully my car will be set up by then, well it better be !

Bring the gf along, we dont bite lol
unless asked :roll:

wisewood
08-04-03, 11:27 PM
i should be able to make it mate

mikeoxford
08-04-03, 11:31 PM
well, ill be the first name on the list :twisted:

would hope my motor is something like then

and ill have something worth smiling about and saying yeah this is my baby :)

as an asside - i was trying to sort summat for brum around that time. but thats cool.

what my real dream is that, everyone who attends MK will send an extra 45 mins to travel to brum, all the people in brum who are never ar$ed or dont like travelling, its on their doorstep, and hopefully sheffield people etc will send 50 mins coming down, everyones happy, and we can get MAXIMUM numbers together.

ANYWAY

i can wait another month for the brum meet :)

mikeoxford
08-04-03, 11:34 PM
i dont know wether to organise the brum one, as im put of by wether people would travel

nova---chris
09-04-03, 06:47 AM
well personally.

As longs the brum meet aint no where near merry hill / the esses or any local street racing curcuit id turn up. (evening)

If its gonna be full of baseball cap wearing handbrake turning donuts then ill give it a miss.
really not my scene.

But any well organised meet up is very much welcomed in brum.

Anton
09-04-03, 07:18 AM
3 days after my birthday :D should be good with me :D

MattyWoo
09-04-03, 09:29 AM
It seems after speaking to a few peoples that the 18th is a better date as some people arent free on the 4th. so which is better for everyone???

Anton
09-04-03, 09:34 AM
i prefer the 4th.

Put a vote on matty :D

Jim
09-04-03, 09:36 AM
4th is better for me :wink: :P

Just kidding.

I've already spoken to you Matt, 18th is good for me.

It would be nice if we had a better turnout than the last one, who knows perhaps Novaload members might actually turn up in there so called Novas this time, naming no names, *cough* Wisewood *cough* :roll:

I shall look into finding a location with food & drink facilities. I'll stick a map up as soon as I find somewhere more suitable.

Jim

Anton
09-04-03, 09:38 AM
I can do the 18th, and as its matts 18th it should be a laugh.

(I'm 17 days older than you :D )

wisewood
09-04-03, 10:33 AM
who knows perhaps Novaload members might actually turn up in there so called Novas this time, naming no names, *cough* Wisewood *cough* :roll:

well i wont be in a Saab this time, thats a start aint it :lol:
probably be in the clio unless i manage to borrow someone elses more comfortable car again :D You wouldnt wanna see my nova mate, its grown roots in the back garden at the moment.

The 4th is better for me... the 18th is exactly 5 days before i get paid so i can guarentee i will have NO MONEY on teh 18th of the month to spend 20 or 30 quid on a day out.

So - if its the 4th, yes i will be there.
but if its the 18th i probably wont be.

RobIsGrt18
09-04-03, 12:07 PM
urmm....i'll possibly be able to do either, pending on work :)

joeczucha
09-04-03, 12:11 PM
Yep 18th would be better but i can probably make the 4th too for an hour or two... up to you lads! J

joeczucha
09-04-03, 12:21 PM
Ah fuck it have it on the 4th coz if we end up moving it it will end up being on the 11th when i'm working! J

Nova-Boy
09-04-03, 12:30 PM
I have only ever been to one car meet before and that was a beetle bash about 10 years ago. I wouldn't mind showing up to see whats what. I cant come on the 4th cos i am racing that bank holiday monday. Any more info on where it at etc etc?

Tilly
09-04-03, 01:26 PM
Cant do the 18th of on holiday the next day so will be doing any last minute preps.

There is hopefully a meet in Bristol on the 20th April if anyones intrested? See EVENTS forum

wisewood
09-04-03, 01:43 PM
i am gonna try and get to the bristol one... meet some of the people i aint met yet but not sure. funds permitting.

mikeoxford
09-04-03, 02:48 PM
i no you wouldnt stop it just for me! :lol:

but i cant do between the 16th and 19th of may (so the 18ths out for me :()

and i cant do 23 - 26th of may either :(

so probly the 11th is the best for most people anyway juding by replies?

as for birmingham meet.

it will be like a MK meet, purely novaload people or associates, and purely with an enthusiastic intrest, not no donut cr@p

Nova-Boy
09-04-03, 02:53 PM
I know i am about to sound like a real tit but what does MK stand for and whats it about?? :oops:

wisewood
09-04-03, 02:57 PM
MK = milton keynes.
the most common venue for novaload meets.

you turn up in yer car and meet loads of other people from the site - good day out normally.

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 03:00 PM
i'll be there this time, car's on the raod and havin a few little bits done to it. what ever date is good for me.

Nova-Boy
09-04-03, 03:01 PM
Well its just a shame that MK is about a million mile from me! Too far for one day i would have thought. I might wait till theres that Nova weekend in the other topic people are plotting about!

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 03:02 PM
its not too far amte, where in cumbria are you? i used to live there, vvvv.hilly!! its proberly only 3 hours or so from you

Nova-Boy
09-04-03, 03:08 PM
I live in Barrow-in-Furness Right on the edge of knowhere. 3 hours sounds like your in a very fast car or something!! Anyway, there and back is nearly the whole day!

Not to mention the cost of petroleum spirit needed to power my road going internal combustion engined auto machine!

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 03:10 PM
fair point. i used to live near penrith in a little village called bolton. used to get car sick all the tiem coz of the hills

then moved to beautiful essex where the birds are common and the roads are always jammed!

wisewood
09-04-03, 03:11 PM
oh come on i travel two hours each way to MK - an extra hour or two aint so bad... i would do it.

even if you only do it once mate it'll be worth it - both times i been its been great.

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 03:17 PM
its probely no further than someone travelling from kent or the corner of essex(anton) it'll prob take me 2 hours or so.

Nova-Boy
09-04-03, 03:32 PM
Give me the details then. I will have to weigh it up. How much does it cost to get in, do people have things for sale etc etc.

wisewood
09-04-03, 03:36 PM
its not an official thing mate - its just a load of us meeting up somewhere and mk is as good a place as any.

MattyWoo
09-04-03, 03:59 PM
Its prolly gonna be the 11th now from what i've heard from others who haven't voted yet.

Anton
09-04-03, 04:06 PM
ben you wanna convoy?

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 04:08 PM
yer why not, i can meet you where ever is conveniant for you. i'll have to try and get on here as often as poss when i start my new job if they haven't got the net.

mikeoxford
09-04-03, 04:15 PM
ill organise the convoy heading south if anyone wants to meet?

usually we meet at the watford gap services

a few of us convoy straight from our hom etown of bimringham

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 04:16 PM
watfords just ove the border for me, well sort of.

wisewood
09-04-03, 04:22 PM
if i go i'll meet ya at watford gap again mike...

i do believe its your turn to in the faster car this time :lol:
you can make teh clio look silly if you want like you did to neil and i did to you in the saab lol.

mikeoxford
09-04-03, 04:27 PM
if i go i'll meet ya at watford gap again mike...

i do believe its your turn to in the faster car this time :lol:
you can make teh clio look silly if you want like you did to neil and i did to you in the saab lol.

what goes around comes around ;) :lol:

Anton
09-04-03, 04:29 PM
ill probably meet at watfor then

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 04:31 PM
where we gonna meet anton?

any more from essex on here?

Anton
09-04-03, 04:33 PM
yeh a couple, not sure if they r up for it.

another corsa/106/ibiza will probably be there as well :D

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 04:34 PM
wheres the best place to meet you? is it chelmsford or higher up nearer braintree?

Anton
09-04-03, 04:35 PM
probably braintree i reckon :D

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 04:36 PM
ok then, we'll sort it nearer the date.

Jim
09-04-03, 05:55 PM

First off, Milton Keynes is not the most common place for meeting up, I prefer the term "popular", it just so happened that a few of us that live here started to meet up on the first of every month. We then decided to post the meetings on NL, and theres been pretty succesful meets since. The most succesful being a few years ago when Redline turned up. Bit gutted they only gave us 2 pages and were over 6 months late with the feature, but anyway.

I know i am about to sound like a real tit but what does MK stand for and whats it about?? :oops:

Milton Keynes is fairly central in England (don't start those of you that usually bi1ch about this as I come from Manchester, and I've driven all over England and MK is fairly central. I just happen to live in MK now). The M1 and A5 passes straight through Milton Keynes.

Milton Keynes itself is probably one of the easiest places to get around (providing you have a sense of co-ordination and know the alphabet and can count to 10). The main roads in Milton Keynes are 60mph so you don't have to worry about driving like Miss daisy in a place unfamiliar to you.

The location is yet to be decided. I will look around Milton Keynes over the next couple of weeks for a suitable location. There was one place that was ideal, but unfortunatley the warmer weather brings out the locals and tourists to that location, so it gets very busy. I found another location that was clear of the public and also provided a few people with an opportunity to show what there cars can do. However, some people complained that this location was not near enough to food and drink outlets, so the numbers dwindled. I shall try and find the perfect location, but you might just have to make do with second best.

So there you have it. Any more questions, comments, etc?

I shall get back to you all on the location as soon as I can.

Jim

Ric 16v
09-04-03, 06:18 PM
sorry to butt in here but why can't there be any meets up north some where like blackpool, I'd love to come to the mk meet but it's just too far for me to travel I'm not being selfish or anything but i'd have to stop in a hotel overnight which is just soooooooooo out ov the question, so would there be any chance of a meet up north somewhere ?

Tilly
09-04-03, 06:26 PM

The location is yet to be decided.

So there you have it. Any more questions, comments, etc?

I shall get back to you all on the location as soon as I can.

Jim

that shopping centre looks good up the road from last time. I can go SHOPPING whilst u lot stay outside
Yeah great idea from, me again :oops:

MattyWoo
09-04-03, 06:34 PM
sorry to butt in here but why can't there be any meets up north some where like blackpool, I'd love to come to the mk meet but it's just too far for me to travel I'm not being selfish or anything but i'd have to stop in a hotel overnight which is just soooooooooo out ov the question, so would there be any chance of a meet up north somewhere ?

Erm... Sorry mate but there was a meet in sheffield the weekend just gone is that not far enough north for you??? :x

Jim
09-04-03, 06:50 PM
sorry to butt in here but why can't there be any meets up north

:roll: Everytime we organise a meet theres always one.

There can be meets up north and there are. As I say everytime we organise a meet down here, it's where we live, it's us thats organising it, so why shouldn't it be in MK?

Tilly, we use to have our monthly meetings at the shopping centre, but it gets very busy. I shall check out to see how busy it gets the week before hand. If theres plenty of spaces then we'll consider holding the meeting there, but only if you buy the organisers presents :D

Jim

MattyWoo
09-04-03, 08:23 PM
[quote="SlimJimTilly, we use to have our monthly meetings at the shopping centre, but it gets very busy. I shall check out to see how busy it gets the week before hand. If theres plenty of spaces then we'll consider holding the meeting there, but only if you buy the organisers presents :D
Jim[/quote]

Sounds good to me, i wouldn't mind a present :D
Don't forget that most of the parking in the centre of Mk is now pay and display which is a complete bastard!! i'm sure we can sort summit out tho.

mikeoxford
09-04-03, 10:20 PM
isnt it pay and display up there?

and when we went in last time for a maccys at exscape, there werent even two spaces together for me and rob let alone 20+

Breeny
09-04-03, 10:45 PM
lol you have to know all the hidey places! Its the Uk's most expensive shopping centre so be warned! (But i still spend all day there lol)

Tilly
09-04-03, 11:08 PM
i'll window shop then lol

Will
10-04-03, 12:27 AM
im there! :D i will search for locations on saturday

Neil.
10-04-03, 12:59 AM
ill meet at watford gap service station, prob travel down with olly, andy and chris(red devil, if his car is finished) what the date looking like so far as ill need to book time off,

MattyWoo
10-04-03, 09:46 AM
Its lookin like the 11th at the moment mate, it seems to be the date that everyone can do, I can't really do the 18th as its my 18th birthday so really should do summit with my mum and a few people can't do the 4th so the 11th seems the best option.
We may even see Anton this time!!! if he can be arsed

Anton
10-04-03, 04:57 PM

cheeky c***. You know why I couldn't last time :oops:

Slatter
10-04-03, 05:50 PM
If its the 11th i think i can make it

Hopefully this time in the nova :lol:

If not will be my van :roll:

Anyone coming from south west / west / wales

can convoy over with us .... ill let Tilly lead this time see if she remembers the way :roll: :roll:

Tilly
10-04-03, 05:57 PM
well u led last time and said cant drive to uick in my diesel i had a job keeping up in the country roads :roll: :oops:

MattyWoo
10-04-03, 10:38 PM

cheeky c***. You know why I couldn't last time :oops:

Yeah cos your scared we'd beat u up cos you drive a hairdressers car :lol: :P

Anton
10-04-03, 10:40 PM
what about slatters van then? lol like to see other hairdressers on 17s! :D

RobHardyUK
10-04-03, 10:59 PM
Ill try n come :Dshould b fun, ill try n stay longer this time had to go early b4 :(