PDA

View Full Version : jenvey throttle bodies!!!

Alex J
14-02-10, 12:08 PM
i have a set of these on my nova, i brought the car from erine, a member on here , the car uses mbe management, and i think the engine and bits came from oliver hewit, its fast and fun, i seem to keep getting the same problem over and over again, it keeps staling on idle, and holding back when putting my foot down, ive taken the car twice to a freind who has his own rolling road, he plugs his laptop in, dose something, and its fine , for about a week, or too, then goes back to running like a pile again!:mad: is there an idle valve or something fitted to the kit witch could be playin up, surely if its mapped, it cant just mess up each week can it??:tard: any ideas!!!

Plug
14-02-10, 12:26 PM
depends in all honestly if your using the car as a daily driver?

i know when both the last owners it was purley a track car so wasnt doing many miles.

phazer
14-02-10, 02:56 PM
I've used mine as a daily in the past for 6 weeks straight while waiting for the VXR, not a spot of bother.

Olly ran DTA as the management so it's been swapped over at some point...I assume your mate is setting the throttle voltages (pain in the **** on the MBE but hey).

You need to make sure your throttles are balanced (you can either use a synchrometer or a piece of pipe - I can get it spot on with a piece of pipe but it depends on how sensitive you ears are!), if they are parallels you need to ensure each pair is balanced to each other - the spindles can bend. If it is the throttle settings that keep drifitng it would be wise to check that the pot is tight and not moving about.

Finally if you've done all of that and it won't idle, it's not been mapped properly. You shouldn't need any sort of idle assistance with TB's if it's all set up right. Even in the stupid cold weather we've had mine will start and run on it's own straight away.

Alex J
14-02-10, 03:51 PM
ill have to check all the above next week, the car has done around 300 miles since november, and 200 off them was on the trip bk from picking it up, and my mate at the rollers said its a pain to set up, im just confused on how it can work fine 1 minute and not the next! back to the drawing board!!

Stuart
14-02-10, 04:02 PM
As you are in southend, take it to Track and Road in Rainham.... its where the engine was first setup iirc. they will sort you out a treat.

sounds like something might be bent in the TB's from poor installation if it works for a while then drifts.