PDA

View Full Version : trojans/spyware..............

twistysnovagte
14-02-10, 10:42 AM
last night i visited a site for naughty valentines poems(sad i know but wtf),but when the page opened up so did 3 trojans(trojan.lop_com)(HIGH RISK!) plus 127 spyware infections!!!

my antivirus (mcAfee)(which i got free when i bought my computer,dell)never picked anything up, neither did "spybot search and destroy" which also runs on my computer(this normaly picks any changes/threats etc)!

i looked the trojan up on the internet to how serious it realy is,and also says high risk,and also says to use "spydoctor"(pctools) to remove all infections.
so i downloaded spydoctor and run a scan which brought up the trojans and infections mentioned,but then why i tried to remove them it then came up saying i needed to pay £39.99 for a subscription.

my computer is now running very slow indeed,and takes around8-10 mins just to get a page up,where as normaly it is instant!

spybot search and destroy has just picked up the following

mediaplex 2 entries

right media 1 entry

tradedoubler 1 entry

zedo 1 entry

of which it has managed to remove,but not as many as spydoctor found
and mcAfee has found nothing!!!!
would i be right in sendning a email to mcAfee asking them why the F*** is your program so S***e.
and never seems to warn me of anything/pick anything up on virus scan etc............

before i bought the comp i had AVG "buisness addition"(102 year leaselol)
and never had any problems whatsoever.

can someone enlighten me on what to do next...............?

twistysnovagte
14-02-10, 10:52 AM
spyware doctor has just found the following

application.tracking cookies........ 125 infections risk LOW

adware.advertising...........50 infections risk LOW

TROJAN.LOP_COM..............3 infections risk HIGH

but the dam thing wont fix the problems unless i register and pay.

nalso keeps coming up "critical error to browser"(also says other stuff but6 cant read it quick enough,before it goes off) and throws me off the internet.
then takes me 10 mins to get back on only for it to do it again..

would a full format get rid of these problems?????

burgo
14-02-10, 11:13 AM
spydoctor i believe tells you where abouts it is in the registry without having to pay for it. so just follow the paths it gives you and manually remove them

Jon_nova1
14-02-10, 11:29 AM
avg free

wwmnw
14-02-10, 11:49 AM
Click here (http://www.easy-share.com/1909287673/mbam-setup.rar) to download Malwarebytes anti malware, awesome program :thumb: