PDA

View Full Version : x14xe

kc_08
13-02-10, 05:48 PM
bit of a dumb question but where abouts on this engine can i put a breather filter? just want one to make the engine look abit tidyer and it matches all the other bits ive painted so it should tidy it up. anyone show me some pictures
cheers

Paul
13-02-10, 05:49 PM
wherever you have an oil breather pipe

craig green
13-02-10, 05:59 PM
If its like the 16Xe, its the front corner of the rocker cover, 2 outlets coming off. However I bet a loop of pipe with a chav filter on the end dangling about looks crapper than the tucked away neatness of the GM setup.

edit (pic)

The rearmost port on the rocker cover with the ign leads tucked behind it the one to attach the breather from.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/NovaGSi-WIP_pics/Progress-sale023.jpg

kc_08
13-02-10, 06:02 PM
will it look that bad? was just going to try it and see what it looks like as pretty much finished painting the rest of the engine

craig green
13-02-10, 06:04 PM
I was only joshin mate, it's just one of them things you dont need & shouldnt spend 20 quid on.

kc_08
13-02-10, 06:38 PM
well i have one laying around brand new that a friend got for me so thought it might be worth a try. does it go where the black pipe is underneath on the back port? or the side port that faces.. out towards coil/right

edit: are the ones with black pipe on the inlet ports or somthing?

craig green
13-02-10, 06:42 PM
I dont know how I can be much clearer. There are 2 pipes off the rocker cover. The front one (nearest slam panel) is larger & connects to the crank case via a metal pipe that routes to the rear of the engine. The other you put a length of pipe on & the filter/breather on the end. Like I had here. You will need to trace the end of the pipe you took off & block it so there isnt a hole into the inlet.

kc_08
13-02-10, 08:33 PM
thanks mate, but does it go on where the black pipe is underneath or the metal port on the side with nothing on it?

Edd
13-02-10, 09:30 PM
Why bother at all ? Oil breather things just leave oil residue everywhere.