PDA

View Full Version : 60 mm springs?

ashman
08-04-03, 07:38 PM
I'm on a budget and have been offered a set of G max -60mm springs, will they just fit straight on? will i need anything else? and will the f*ck up the shocks? any help would be great!

Luke

Aragorn
08-04-03, 07:53 PM
they will go streigh on but will prolly fuck up the shocks in a relativley short time

they'll also go loose if u jack the car up and the rears might fall out

mikeoxford
08-04-03, 10:10 PM
ignore him

lol :lol: :wink:

if you cant afford a kit, then try em, i used them for 12 months on the first nova without a problem

they were all right, not as good as a kit but there cool

Nova-Boy
09-04-03, 08:25 AM
Do you not need to use differnt bump stops if your going down 60mm? Or cut a bit away from your old ones?

mikeoxford
09-04-03, 02:37 PM
you can although not essential

Nova-Boy
09-04-03, 02:49 PM
also as mentioned in the tyre wear topic you should get your tracking done

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 03:16 PM
you might be able to get away with removing the dust covers instead of cuttin the bump stops, coz the bumpstops might help keep the springs on if you hit a bump.

get the tracking done coz my tyres are bald from the camber

Ste_Nova
09-04-03, 04:51 PM
no comment!!!

the bump stops don't stop the springs falling out!!

scott5
09-04-03, 04:59 PM
my car has had -60mm springs on for about 4yrs with the standard dampers and it hasn't failed the mot on the dampers yet but i'm pretty sure they're fcuked!
If you can put up with a extremely hard ride then using just springs are fine but if you like a comfortable ride i wouldn't bother unless you buy adjustable dampers aswell.

mikeoxford
09-04-03, 09:58 PM
suck it and see!

if you dont like, simply buy some shox :wink:

dathers
10-04-03, 04:13 AM
My g-max kit come with a little note saying cut 20mm off the front bumpstops,the rear shox come with new bumpstops n e way.
quote "simply buy some shox"
Dont you just hate these people with bottomless pockets!!
If he could afford shox he would have bought them in the first place!!
Dave

ade
10-04-03, 10:21 AM
you only need to cust bump stops down if you are fitting a full kit coz the dampers are shorter!

Full kit is MUCH better - and in the long run yer gonna have to fork out for a full set of shocks (12 months or less depending on how you drive) so why not buy a complete gmaxkit for ?180 from Supernovas.uk.com.

I use them (gmax) and theyre excellent.

If you just use springs you wont get that proper lowered look, the ride will be horrible and wobbly and you will prob need to tie wrap yer rear springs in to stop them falling out when car is jacked up (which will fail mot)

IMO if you have to tie wrap ANY part of the cars suspension your asking for trouble (dangerous!)

mikeoxford
10-04-03, 05:32 PM
IMO if you have to tie wrap ANY part of the cars suspension your asking for trouble (dangerous!)

there FINE until you cane it over a speed hump or humped back brdige, having said that it never hapand in my old 1.2 - and that car left the floor and came back down entirely when it got wrote off :lol: :oops:

scott5
11-04-03, 10:06 PM
my springs drop out when the cars fully jacked up but i've never had any problems with them, and like i said in an earlier post they've bin on the car about 4 yrs.