PDA

View Full Version : can someone help

Mags
13-02-10, 09:39 AM
I have a mk1 sr 1.3 and a mk1 1liter im in the middle of taking engine out of the sr will i need the ignition barrell to run the car if you can think of anything else i will need can you let me no thanks

Damo
13-02-10, 10:20 AM
I have a mk1 sr 1.3 and a mk1 1liter im in the middle of taking engine out of the sr will i need the ignition barrell to run the car if you can think of anything else i will need can you let me no thanks

Right mate from the sr you will need:

Drivers side engine mount bracket,
All coolant hoses and radiator,
The mini wiring loom that joins the dissy and everything,
Exhaust,
Driveshafts,

Everything else should be the same mate i may have missed something but dont think i have all other mounts are the same as te 1litre ones the ignition you dont need also.

If you need anymore help give us a shout:thumb: .

Damo.

pikey1986
13-02-10, 10:27 AM
i think theirs a resistor on the ignition live so you need to run a new wire in its place

Damo
13-02-10, 10:30 AM
i think theirs a resistor on the ignition live so you need to run a new wire in its place

Knew id forgot something lol yea as pikey said theres a resistor in the ignition live to the coil so you will have to change the wire to the ignition switch:thumb: .

Mags
13-02-10, 12:48 PM
I was going to use the whole sr loom hopefully the engine box drive shafts are coming out altogether as one.thats why i was going to use the ignition barrell.