PDA

View Full Version : Camber Kit ....

mk1nova1.8
12-02-10, 08:01 PM
Hi peeps , right my mk1.5 (mk1 gone mk2) nova is lowered 60mm and wears tyres out like nearly every two months, its my work car. Now its got vaux alloys on and you can see the camber is looking good, anyways i got a camber kit and found the little tag on the washer doesnt really kit , its a LMF camber kit rite i modified the washer so the little tag fitted in properly but next prob was how much do i adjust the camber, also do you have to get the tracking done afterwards ? does anyone know if the like of bush tyres ,kwik fit etc would fit the camber bolts and adjust them accordingly . i want to do it myself but it just didnt look rite as my tracking was well out . any help advice etc would be great

Cheers Paul

burgo
12-02-10, 08:27 PM
ive tried editing this to make some sense but im to confused as to what your going on about

General Baxter
12-02-10, 08:29 PM
its going to need a pro to sort it,

not some monkey with a tape messure

pikey1986
12-02-10, 08:33 PM
same here, makes little sense

try getting the tracking sorted if your srubbing tyres every 2 months then if that dont work try the camber bolts

i had a corsa wich was dropped by 60mm all round and never had a problem with tyres as i had the tracking checked every 2 months (i have a friend on the inside lol)

mk1nova1.8
12-02-10, 09:01 PM
basicly looking at the front of the car you can see the bottom of the wheels stick out the the tops go in (camber is out) i used the LMF kit which i adjusted till they looked about right but then both wheels face outwards like they are turning away from each other, so what im asking is after camber adjustment do i need to get tracking done ? or can i leave the camber adjust and tracking to someone like kwik fit? has anyone used the LMF camber kit http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OPEL-ASTRA-VECTRA-CORSA-NOVA-CAMBER-KIT-BOLTS_W0QQitemZ350314659319QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C arsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5190617df7

General Baxter
12-02-10, 09:06 PM
FFS, YES,
adjustments will be made to the ****ing tracking

just take the thing to a tyre place they will set it all up for you, jezz

Plug
12-02-10, 09:44 PM
mines dropped 100mm on vaux 15's and i never needed camber bolts??

TRACKING FTW lol