PDA

View Full Version : Couiers

wwmnw
12-02-10, 12:09 PM
Bunch of *******s, 5 hours I had to wait yesterday for **** all, phoned them today and I got told when the guy arrived the parcel wasn't ready, interesting seeing as they didn't knock on my door :mad: now I have to wait til 17:30 again and I need to get my windscreen changed and help me mate do his fence and put his engine in :cry::cry::cry:

brainsnova
12-02-10, 12:16 PM
change the courier time to a 2 hour window ftw :thumb: and look out for them or better still drop it off to them :D

Johnny A
12-02-10, 12:54 PM
change the courier time to a 2 hour window ftw :thumb: and look out for them or better still drop it off to them :D

Don't work with me, if they put a collection through with a small time window I tell them to GTF! I ain't a UK mail driver with 4 hours spare every day (the one on my route does). Also if we were to not attempt a pickup or try and forge data that's an instant final written warning for a first offense.

I am a UPS driver btw and have only ever failed a collection once in 4 years when I was covering someone elses route and I got so snowed under that it totally slipped my mind - but as soon as I realised I called it in... still got grilled to fook for it tho :(

We did however have some issues with collections not coming through onto our machines (we get an sms-style message with details for collections as they come through), however this was fixed quickly.

What courier company are we talking about??

wwmnw
12-02-10, 01:00 PM
Interparcel, I told them I need to be out the house soon and asked if they could make it any quicker but she said no, ****ing fuming NEED to be out asap and me mams at work, if they don't turn up today I'll go nuts, and what pissed me off the most is the driver saying he called but the package wasn't ready, he didn't even knock on my door :mad:

Johnny A
12-02-10, 01:04 PM
Interparcel are like an intermediary company that use most of the major couriers like UPS, DHL, City Link and a few others which I can't remember. They work out which is cheapest and use them, sorry that doesn't help you but the problem could be down to interparcel or the courier they are using.

wwmnw
12-02-10, 01:07 PM
Thank you for booking your TNT service with Interparcel.

That's part of the bollox that they sent me in the email.

Johnny A
12-02-10, 01:12 PM
TNT then, what I might suggest is that you contact TNT directly (you will be put through to a central call centre), explain the situation and then ask politely to confirm the driver has your collection on his system and also ask for a rough ETA to your location. It may take a little time because if they are like UPS the central call centre email's your local TNT depot which then have to call the TNT driver covering your area to request the info. At this stage what UPS do is get the info off the driver and call you up with what they find out.

If anything the driver is then certain to turn up that day as he realises your fuming (if you have gone to the effort of calling up the centre)

wwmnw
12-02-10, 01:16 PM
TNT then, what I might suggest is that you contact TNT directly (you will be put through to a central call centre), explain the situation and then ask politely to confirm the driver has your collection on his system and also ask for a rough ETA to your location. It may take a little time because if they are like UPS the central call centre email's your local TNT depot which then have to call the TNT driver covering your area to request the info. At this stage what UPS do is get the info off the driver and call you up with what they find out.

If anything the driver is then certain to turn up that day as he realises your fuming (if you have gone to the effort of calling up the centre)

Cheers mate will try that now :thumb: if it works I will have your babies.

Johnny A
12-02-10, 01:18 PM
no worries chap, lets make babies!

mowgli
12-02-10, 01:40 PM
if, like me, you have a local tnt depot, then you could nip down there with the parcel

wwmnw
12-02-10, 02:02 PM
no worries chap, lets make babies!
Bend over and take it like a man, your advice has helped, just awaiting a phone call back :d

All we have here is UPS Mowgli.

L14MNP
12-02-10, 05:06 PM
Bend over and take it like a man, your advice has helped, just awaiting a phone call back :d

All we have here is UPS Mowgli.

My mate worked in the Sedgefield UPS depot. Bit of random info for you there. Here's some more. Drive to Houghton-le-Spring and dump it at the TNT depot.

I'm probably too late with these pearls of wisdom. lol

wwmnw
12-02-10, 11:49 PM
My mate worked in the Sedgefield UPS depot. Bit of random info for you there. Here's some more. Drive to Houghton-le-Spring and dump it at the TNT depot.

I'm probably too late with these pearls of wisdom. lol

Sedgefield one aint far from me, and I didn't know there was a TNT depot at Houghton-le-spring I'll remember that :thumb:

napalm_27
13-02-10, 04:53 AM
tnt are w@nk! they lost my wheels from milton keynes to my door which is 10mins up the road.. and it says in your so called interparcel contract that you should not contact the courier only them as they can literally drop anything to do with you and ignore you completly

mowgli
13-02-10, 08:01 AM
nappy, why did you get them to courier the wheels from MK to your house??? surely someone could have fetched them

Johnny A
13-02-10, 08:48 AM
So I take it you didn't get the collection yesterday nor a reply from TNT??

wwmnw
13-02-10, 02:20 PM
So I take it you didn't get the collection yesterday nor a reply from TNT??

Got a reply from them and I let them know I wasn't happy, but it was collected at about 16:20.

Rich
13-02-10, 03:17 PM
Leave it on your doorstep, thats what i do as no one is ever at home to hand it over

craig green
13-02-10, 05:41 PM
Got a reply from them and I let them know I wasn't happy, but it was collected at about 16:20.

Collections always seem to be late in the day when you spend all day, in- waiting for the feckers!,

Edd
13-02-10, 05:44 PM
Use Parcel force, you can say wether you want a.m or p.m. pick up.

Saves you waiting in all day.

Paul
13-02-10, 05:47 PM
wouldnt bother with any couriers other than UPS, theyre all c unts

MK999
13-02-10, 06:19 PM
Collections always seem to be late in the day when you spend all day, in- waiting for the feckers!,

DHL never turn up to me before 5, but you have to stay in, just in case!

craig green
13-02-10, 06:35 PM
Funnily its DHL I've had to wait for...

Does this thread title say Couriers or a mis-spelling of Queers btw?

MK999
13-02-10, 06:40 PM

Well in Oxford they always used to wake me up to collect stuff, but it seems i'm on the opposite end of the route in Reading lol

edit: this was in student digs, so basically they used to turn up before 1pm.

craig green
13-02-10, 06:42 PM
Student days were hilarious. I'll never forget, though my timetable was biyatch for 9am starts!

MK999
13-02-10, 06:55 PM
I've only got one this year and it's a pretty pointless lecture tbh, or well it's a very important module, maths, but the guy runs through it like he's talking to himself while solving stuff rather than teaching, and you think you're following then he goes oops no, that's a 3... and you're trying to work wtf this 3 came from while he's finished running through the rest of it, give up and start doing the tutorial questions yourself, so I often just stay at home and work through it in my own time lol

vx kev
13-02-10, 07:18 PM
I use interparcel and its ups that collects. As long as the package is wrapped and labeled properly then surely all you need to do is leave a note on the extra instructions page when booking to tell them the parcel is in the back garden or with a neighbour etc. We've never needed to sign for anything thats collected, basically parcel is ready and ups man just comes in picks it up and of he goes.
May help for future ref :thumb:

wwmnw
13-02-10, 11:41 PM

Lol it was supposed to say couriers, I missed the r and didn't notice til after I had posted in the thread lol

wwmnw
13-02-10, 11:42 PM
Leave it on your doorstep, thats what i do as no one is ever at home to hand it over

Not really a wise thing to do in this area :( If it aint bolted down its taken, even some of the bolted down stuff goes walkies.

bazil
13-02-10, 11:42 PM
Lol it was supposed to say couriers, I missed the r and didn't notice til after I had posted in the thread lol

em edit t titlelol

wwmnw
13-02-10, 11:44 PM
Doesn't show any difference in the Muppet Corner section when you edit titles, only place you see the change is when you're in the thread, and I cant be arsed to be honest :p