PDA

View Full Version : brake bleeding help

shearer93
12-02-10, 10:56 AM
Right the question is in which order to i bleed the brakes on my nova?

This may sound like a stupid question but is all i need to know so that my engine conversion can be complete and i can get back on the road.

Any help would be awsome Cheers.

Damo
12-02-10, 11:04 AM
Right the question is in which order to i bleed the brakes on my nova?

This may sound like a stupid question but is all i need to know so that my engine conversion can be complete and i can get back on the road.

Any help would be awsome Cheers.

Right mate you need to make sure that all the bleed nipples are free first.
Then start from the farest nipple away from the master cylinder which would be the drivers rear then go to the pass rear then drivers front and so on. Then check the pedal to see how it feels if its still a bit iffy redo process. But remeber nova pedals were spongy anyway they were never any good.

Hope this helps Damo.

shearer93
12-02-10, 11:36 AM
ok mate cheers ill give this a go again. i did them once in this order last night but the pedal felt really bad so ill give it another go and hope they improve thanks again.

brainsnova
12-02-10, 12:07 PM
id start at the rear futherest away from the master cylinder as said but then the diagonal front.so drivers rear to passenger front, then passenger rear to drivers front.

joff-turbo-nova
12-02-10, 12:11 PM
ok mate cheers ill give this a go again. i did them once in this order last night but the pedal felt really bad so ill give it another go and hope they improve thanks again.

I would strongly recommend a one man pressure kit that you hook up to a spare tyre .

I've always had issues getting the brakes right on the nova, but using this kit bleeding brakes is no longer an issue, you haven't got to worry about turning seals in the master cylinder and it doesn;t need two of you to do it either!

Something like this :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ONE-MAN-Brake-Clutch-Bleeding-Kit_W0QQitemZ180467447819QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Han d_Tools_Equipment?hash=item2a04b2b80b

Joff

pikey1986
12-02-10, 04:03 PM
when i did mine i did as brainsnova said and used a gunsons easy bleed kit, it took about 10mins to do all 4 corners