PDA

View Full Version : My last hour and a half

rubachuk
11-02-10, 05:10 PM
Seriously.... what a farkin afternoon.

Got a phone call at 3.30 off the wife. The boy (2) has run into the road while picking his sister up from school (with his Gran, obviously he doesn't pick her up on his own) and he's been hit by a car. Not going fast, because it was driven by someone keeping their speed down and their eyes open, he fine thank god. Quick trip to A&E and he's fine apart from a tiny graze on his finger and he's gone home with his Mum and I've gone back to work as it's not far away.

Pulling off the main road onto the side road to get into the works carpark, I indicate nice and early and I watch a guy walking down the pavement and then steps straight off the kerb to cross the junction without looking or stopping. I brake, let him get far enough across for me to go, and then give a bit of a rev as I set off to let him know what tool he's been and demonstrate my dischuffedness.

As I get out of my car in the carpark he comes up to me and starts an argument. His point is mostly that I could've killed him with the noise of my car. My point is that I could've killed him by running him over cos him did'nt look when crossing. He thinks he doesn't have to, pedestrians have right of way so he can walk where he wants when he wants. I disagreed with his view. He said he was 85 :eek: and proceeded to tell me he could punch me in the face. I told him to get on with it. He declined because he was a black belt and he wasn't allowed to punch people. He walked off in the end, it was a good 5 minutes of a job though.

Sorry for the essay, the adrenalin has backed off a bit now, its been pumping for the last hour and a half.

Mummys and Daddys, keep hold of your kids near roads, keep them on reins or whatever.

Connor
11-02-10, 05:12 PM
should of dropped him lol

hc coupe
11-02-10, 05:14 PM
Glad your little nipper is ok

Old people do daft things, Should have let it go rather than frighten him half to death.....

mowgli
11-02-10, 05:15 PM
:( for your lad, i have 3 kids & you feel sickto the pit of your stomach for ages when something like that happens

lol lol lol lol at the ninja coffin dodger

mr5050
11-02-10, 05:20 PM
the last three near incidents ive had have been with oap's. it drives you mad , you just want to tell them to get off the road but you cant, its not really their fault as life moves twice as quick as they can ever remember, to be fair to everyone you should be retested at 65 then every 5 years after that, its just too dangerous to have them on the road, poor old feckrslol

rwaggers
11-02-10, 05:21 PM
im glad you little boy wasnt hurt mate

rubachuk
11-02-10, 05:23 PM
hc - I thought I had left it TBH with a little rev of the engine, I didn't know he was 85 to be fair from behind and he didn't look it from the front particularly. I was nearly laughing when he threatened to punch me, I deffinately wouldn't have hit him back - even if it hurt

Mowgli - Now the adrenalin is backing off, it's been replaced by that feeling

Mr5050 - He was a pedestrian though, can't test people for that (sadly)

brainsnova
11-02-10, 05:42 PM
if anyone punches me in the face im just going to laugh at them really hard aslong as i dont get k.o'd lol pedestrians only have right of way when they are already crossing the road first.

wwmnw
11-02-10, 06:04 PM
Kid ran out in front of me the other day in a 30 (he must have been about 13-15), as usual I was doing about 25, I very very nearly hit him, I'll get the **** next time.

My afternoon has been spent waiting 5 hours for a courier to come and pick a parcel up, and they never turned up :mad::mad::mad:

mowgli
11-02-10, 06:06 PM
what an exciting life you lead.............

wwmnw
11-02-10, 06:07 PM
Me or the thread starter?

jimbob-mcgrew
11-02-10, 08:14 PM
an 85 year old black belt !
surprised he didnt bust out some chapsaki on your ass lol (HHHWWWWOOOYYAAHH !!!)

muzzy
11-02-10, 08:16 PM
some people shouldn't be let outside

Mike
11-02-10, 08:16 PM
I watched a car attempting to overtake a cyclist whilst avoid an oncoming white van this morning.

Car 1 - 0 Cyclist. Took him out a treat.

rubachuk
12-02-10, 08:26 AM
This is him.....

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/rubachuk/mr-miyagi.jpg

Although he wasn't carrying chopsticks at the time so I can't be 100% sure.....

bmw156
12-02-10, 10:04 AM
when i was younger, my best mate was hit by a car, very simular circumstances, slow speed etc. and i remember going home and crying because i was worried, i must of been 7 or 8 lol.

and if you were the driver, you would feel well bad. glad your sonis well and
what a ****er about the old guy lol.

rubachuk
12-02-10, 11:08 AM
The boy is fine this morning. He insisted on sitting with an ice pack on his finger when he got home last night. Just a shame that he's probably a bit too young to learn from it all.

They've been round to see the lady that hit him too. Its a shame for her because it wasn't her fault and it's obviously affected her, I have to be grateful to her because it would've been a lot worse if she hadn't seen him and swerved/broke.

kc_08
12-02-10, 02:08 PM
old man should of been on reins.. Must be like everyone around here, they ALL have the right of way apparently lol

Damo
12-02-10, 11:51 PM
Seriously.... what a farkin afternoon.

Got a phone call at 3.30 off the wife. The boy (2) has run into the road while picking his sister up from school (with his Gran, obviously he doesn't pick her up on his own) and he's been hit by a car. Not going fast, because it was driven by someone keeping their speed down and their eyes open, he fine thank god. Quick trip to A&E and he's fine apart from a tiny graze on his finger and he's gone home with his Mum and I've gone back to work as it's not far away.

Pulling off the main road onto the side road to get into the works carpark, I indicate nice and early and I watch a guy walking down the pavement and then steps straight off the kerb to cross the junction without looking or stopping. I brake, let him get far enough across for me to go, and then give a bit of a rev as I set off to let him know what tool he's been and demonstrate my dischuffedness.

As I get out of my car in the carpark he comes up to me and starts an argument. His point is mostly that I could've killed him with the noise of my car. My point is that I could've killed him by running him over cos him did'nt look when crossing. He thinks he doesn't have to, pedestrians have right of way so he can walk where he wants when he wants. I disagreed with his view. He said he was 85 :eek: and proceeded to tell me he could punch me in the face. I told him to get on with it. He declined because he was a black belt and he wasn't allowed to punch people. He walked off in the end, it was a good 5 minutes of a job though.

Sorry for the essay, the adrenalin has backed off a bit now, its been pumping for the last hour and a half.

Mummys and Daddys, keep hold of your kids near roads, keep them on reins or whatever.

Yea mate glad your little lads ok mate god bless ive 2 girls of my own and owt like that scares the s**t outta me.

MK999
13-02-10, 12:08 AM
Actually if the pedestrian steps into the road before you turn into it, they do have the right of way and you have to stop and let them cross afaik... it came up while I was taking lessons.

Hobbit
13-02-10, 03:58 AM
Legs were invented before wheels. I always give pedestrians right of way.

Glad your boy is ok

bighed
18-02-10, 06:06 AM
Something similar happened to me end of september. I have got a 59 plate astra (2 weeks old at the time) was driving in traffic approx 20mph down a 1 way street when an old guy with 2 walking sticks stepped out in front of me. I braked and come to a stop and let him reach the other side. Once he got there I drove off normally and did nothing towards him, only for him to whack the rear door with one of his sticks. I banged the brakes on and chased the old barsteward, grabbing hold of him around the corner. By this time he was shaking like a sh1tting dog, so I just told him that if he had done any damage i would beat him with his sticks. Luckily there wasnt, but what really got me angry was that my 1 week old daughter was in her car seat inches from where he had hit the car and my 10 month old son sat next to her.........

And glad your little man is ok. I bet it was an eyeopener!!

Lynsey
18-02-10, 08:02 AM
1 week old daughter and 10 month old son? You didn't wait around, did ya? lol

Glad everyone is ok :)

stupot89
18-02-10, 09:04 AM
no tv at your house lol

mowgli
18-02-10, 10:08 AM
1 week old daughter and 10 month old son? You didn't wait around, did ya? lol

Glad everyone is ok :)

you hardly gave it chance to shrink you randy sod