PDA

View Full Version : Nova 1.2 conversion to 1.4sr,,advice wanted please

ashtonem
11-02-10, 02:06 PM
i have bought 1.2 nova with the carbed engine.
i am just wondering would the 1.4 sr engine fit straight in?
i am new to working on vauxhalls so somebody donating abit of ther know how would be very much appriciated round about now.

jimbob-mcgrew
11-02-10, 07:46 PM
yep it'll fit straight in on your current engine mounts and your f10 gearbox should fit, starter and alternator should fit too. youll need the 1.4's inlet manifold and carb, and its ignition system (distributor, coil and mini-loom that links the 2)

i wouldnt count on your exhaust fitting tho, might wanna look into that. :thumb:

ashtonem
11-02-10, 10:27 PM
thanks alot that has saved me alot of searching
but will i be able to put the 1.4 sr engine and loom onto the 1.2 tank?

craig green
11-02-10, 10:29 PM
Yeah, the tank is the same. Use the SR gearbox if you can, better ratios etc. Your existing shafts will be fine, but you'll want 2.0 16v Cav/Astra brakes as the std SR stuff was crap & same as 1.2 stuff. Likewise your suspension will benefit from being upgraded over std junk..

ashtonem
12-02-10, 01:36 AM
ive already got the 2l brakes onit and its got adjustable coilovers all round,,thanks for the advice mate been a massive help

ashtonem
12-02-10, 01:59 PM
has anybody else got any advice that could be useful for my project?
i would really appriciate it

Welsh Dan
12-02-10, 02:45 PM
You can just drop the 1.2 unit out and the 1.4 unit and gearbox in. The only other thing to change is the coil because the 1.4 uses a different ignition setup.

Driveshafts, engine and gearbox mounts, wiring and plumbing are all the same. We found it easier to drop mine out of the bottom with the gearbox attached. If the new engine isnt running in a car then take the gearbox off whilst its on the floor to check that the clutch isnt ceased. You'll also find it easier to remove the driveshafts to give yourself some more room to maneuver underneath the car.

http://www.xen0phobiak.f2s.com/novaload/projectlog/014fitting.jpg