PDA

View Full Version : Irmscher injection kit + Rotrex charger

Edd
10-02-10, 10:47 PM
Iv got a Irmscher injetion kit im putting on my 13sb, im just starting to build it all up now so need a bit of advice/help.

Im also putting this Rotrex charger on it. CLICK (http://www.gmcmotorsport.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_34&products_id=33)

Other bits to make this work will be;

Head, 1mm enlarged inlet and exhaust valves, gas flowed and rebuilt
Piper bp300 cam,
4 branch, Scorpion system,
Venier wheel,
Intercooler,

With the injection kit/charger i will need to have the fueling set at 1.1 with a rising rate regulator.

The bit im a bit stuck on is i think i will need bigger injectors but not sure ?,
But which ones ?
was thinking c20xe ones but think that will be too much fuel ?
anyway of working it out before i put it all together and blow it up ? lol

If my pockets were bottomless i would get managment but cant afford it.

I know its a bit of a random set up and maybe a little unheard of but im hoping someone might be able to help me out in some way with advice or info ?

Thanks in advance Edd.

Southie
10-02-10, 10:53 PM
I cannot help really Edd but I would suggest saving for the management as this is a set that's not been done on the 1.3 and you'll probably end up killing it by not getting accurate fuelling.

db_1.2
10-02-10, 11:06 PM
20XE (biege?) would be bit much for a 1300 i would of thought? If its anything to go by, i seen people use 20xe injectors on 1600 cvh turbos. I think you may wash the bores a bit with them though. Personally, id go for the next thing to 20xe. Tricky one! Dont want to melt the pistons!

Stuart
10-02-10, 11:14 PM
imho the 1600 injectors should just about cover the use you plan to get out of them....

I'd guess you wont see much more than 140bhp from the setup (till you move to management), and 1600 injectors can do that... but XE oens would be fine too.

Will F
11-02-10, 08:50 AM
I would go with the XE Blues - better spray pattern and come with the 1600 TB kit from SBD etc...

General Baxter
11-02-10, 10:10 AM
edd you do know them immy kits come with 1.8 injectors anyway lol

Royston
11-02-10, 11:24 AM
Edd,
If you are using the Flapper type AFM, it would work with a 300 duration cam, You probably wont need/want such a tall cam, and that's before the supercharger is in the equation. I think you will really need full aftermarket management, std system won't cope without serious modicfication.

I also have the same kit for my SR, the engine has a 270 cam fitted for when I swap the forties for it. Too tall a cam caused air pulsations in the inlet tract, which upsets the flapper! aftermarket management & no flapper will be the way to go

Stuart
11-02-10, 12:46 PM
or tweak the length of tube between the AFM and TB to adjust the pulse problems.

craig green
11-02-10, 12:48 PM
I would have said the 1600 creams which may be the same as the 1800 items. Would the inlet pulses find their way back to the AFM through the charger??

Edd
11-02-10, 01:02 PM
I don't think the kit comes with 1800 injectors I maybe wrong ?

I could just use a standard cam ?

I really don't have the mega bucks needed for management.

I can see this is going to do my head in lol

mowgli
11-02-10, 01:23 PM
not sure if this is worth thinking about but

(nicked a bit from ppc mag)

fit a coopercharger where the alternator normally fits, with an alternator driven off the back of it, i can scan pics or find the back issue for you.

that saves you about £1k from the rotrex cost.

then buy some management.

SR-Rally
11-02-10, 01:28 PM
They come with the 1800 8v injectors in bud :) is it only possible to do away with afm with aftermarket management? Does the afm control the amount of fuel?

Royston
11-02-10, 01:28 PM
Alot of the components used were robbed from the Cav 1.8i SRi inc ecu

I have a full list of parts somewhere, which shows std vaux/opel parts

Edd
11-02-10, 01:36 PM
not sure if this is worth thinking about but

(nicked a bit from ppc mag)

fit a coopercharger where the alternator normally fits, with an alternator driven off the back of it, i can scan pics or find the back issue for you.

that saves you about £1k from the rotrex cost.

then buy some management.

I would really like to see the pics, top job if you could put them up.

Only thing I don't like about the Cooper/eaton charger is the heat and if I don't get the pulley size right il have the problems Baxter did. lol

mowgli
11-02-10, 01:38 PM
nope, baxter had no problems apart from producing twice the power it should and getting barred from a rolling road because the man was scared of it...

that rotrex thing will make just as much heat as a cooper, i'm no physicist, but to produce the same power, the same energy is used.

i'll scan them in & pm you

craig green
11-02-10, 02:13 PM
But the Rotrex units are far more efficient than the Eaton's. Plus due to the progressive way the Rotrex makes its boost (faster it spins, the more pressure) you dont have to lower the CR to use it, wheras the Eaton will make a lump of boost in the midrange (pulley size depending) like a turbo charger & will need the CR altered. Cheaper but crap IMO.

mowgli
11-02-10, 02:38 PM
But the Rotrex units are far more efficient than the Eaton's. Plus due to the progressive way the Rotrex makes its boost (faster it spins, the more pressure) you dont have to lower the CR to use it, wheras the Eaton will make a lump of boost in the midrange (pulley size depending) like a turbo charger & will need the CR altered. Cheaper but crap IMO.

the rotrex is a turbo impellor with a crank powered gearset to get the speed... so is it more like a turbo than a supercharger??

craig green
11-02-10, 04:37 PM
Depends on the pulley sizes & engine used I guess.
Rotrex are the way forward in terms of supercharging imo, The eaton isnt exactly compact & doesnt lend itself to Edds intended manifold very well. The Rotreex being designed for aftermarket use.

Edd
11-02-10, 04:45 PM
I have been thinking how will a Eaton charger fit under the inlet manifold even with the alternator moved ?

Due to the size surely that's going to be touching the rack/bulkhead ?

Hopefully il get the inlet fitted this weekend and have a better idea if there is any room.

PaulW
05-03-10, 05:09 PM
visit enems website and click on the lysholm link

enem are a swedish tuner and deal with opel amongst other things, including fitting lysholm twin scroll superchargers, have a look. Twin scroll are the best type of supercharger for flat torque and power curves, with constant boost throughout the rev range, the centrifugal charger used by many previously on the scene are "belt driven turbos", and give the similar characteristics of a turbo, which is far from ideal. enem make the fitting kits for 80s and 90s opels.