PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

02thompson
09-02-10, 05:26 PM
ive had my licence since november 2009 i have no points im 18 turning 19 in march i have no experiance driver to put on the insurance with me . ive tried every insurance company i can think off i live in a ****ty area you would think shameless was bad haha (SR8) I JUST CANT SEEM TO GET THE INSURANCE DOWN UNDER 2000 I DONT IND PAYIN 200 AND WHATEVER A MONTH ITS THE DEPOSIT IF I CANT GET THIS SORTED IM JUST GOIN TO HAVE TOO WAIT TILL IM 21 ,,I WOULDNT MIND A SAXO VTR OR A ASTRA OR SOMETHINK LYK THAT ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT AND SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING ;D

wwmnw
09-02-10, 05:37 PM
SR8 is Peterlee/Horden/Easington etc isn't it? Have you tried Adrian Flux? I'm with them and have 1 years NCB and I'm only paying £390 a year for my 1.2 Nova.

02thompson
09-02-10, 06:04 PM
yes it is and yeah they gave me one for 2500 for a 1.1 corsa b lol

Jack
09-02-10, 06:57 PM
SAXO VTR
Thats why you're getting silly quotes lol

Here you go (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1990-FIAT-126-BIS-BLUE_W0QQitemZ250574892551QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutom obiles_UK?hash=item3a576d6e07), insurance group 1. That should get you a cheap quote.

wwmnw
09-02-10, 06:59 PM
Here you go (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1990-FIAT-126-BIS-BLUE_W0QQitemZ250574892551QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutom obiles_UK?hash=item3a576d6e07), insurance group 1. That should get you a cheap quote.

As serious as you may be there, I think he wants to get places in minutes/hours not days or weeks lol

Saloony
09-02-10, 07:03 PM
Go buy your sell a Yogo 45 and a dictionary mate.

Lee H
09-02-10, 08:44 PM
yes it is and yeah they gave me one for 2500 for a 1.1 corsa b lol

That will be because its modified as Vauxhall never made a 1.1 Corsa :tard:

AlexW
09-02-10, 09:51 PM
What i was about to say lee lol

Pistol Pete
09-02-10, 10:35 PM
As serious as you may be there, I think he wants to get places in minutes/hours not days or weeks lol

Young drivers: learn to walk before you can run.

Why oh why do the younger drivers question sky high premiums? Hmmm, maybe because of the likelyhood they will stack it??

Oh, and no...not preaching. I paid £1100 to insure my first car (Peugeot 205 1.4 XS). Difference is i accepted the fact and paid up.

Saloony
09-02-10, 10:59 PM
I fully understand high premiums, but would it not be fair for insurance companies to give the young ones a fighting chance. A sensible quote, on an equally sensible car. So 17yr old driving no more than a 1.4 car. Then if he/she does stack it then bend them over, written clause in there with say, you pay excess and new outstanding balance to take it upto what it would usually be?

AlexW
09-02-10, 11:22 PM
^Agreed. Some prices ive heard about for just a 1.0 is stupid. Even one of £2000!

Jack
10-02-10, 12:23 AM
A 1.0 what though? I would expect a 1.0 Nova to still be expensive; although its only insurance group 4, its still a Nova

So 17yr old driving no more than a 1.4 car.
You could argue the insurance companies do that by charging excessive premiums to young drivers on mediocre engined cars - heck, when I was 17 it probably would have cost me a few grand to insure even a 1.4. However, back then we realised that was silly money so didn't pay it. Nowadays, kids seem to be willing to pay anything to insure that 1.whatever litre engine, and because they do the insurance companies realise they can effectively get away with it.

wwmnw
10-02-10, 10:09 AM
Young drivers: learn to walk before you can run.

Why oh why do the younger drivers question sky high premiums? Hmmm, maybe because of the likelyhood they will stack it??

Oh, and no...not preaching. I paid £1100 to insure my first car (Peugeot 205 1.4 XS). Difference is i accepted the fact and paid up.

See I didn't have that problem, the Nova is my first car and my first year of insurance only cost me £766 that was at 22 and obviously no ncb (that was with green insurance and they also planted a tree for me taking out a policy with them :dlol), this year with 1 years ncb 23 and all mods declared £390.

Danny s-p
10-02-10, 10:19 AM
wish mine was as cheep as that. was pay 2600 for a 4 door loon 1.2 :eek: what the age it normaly drop's 21.as am 20 this year

NovaLad
10-02-10, 10:21 AM

LMFAO!!!:thumb:

Jack
10-02-10, 10:33 AM
wish mine was as cheep as that. was pay 2600 for a 4 door loon 1.2 :eek: what the age it normaly drop's 21.as am 20 this year
In my experience, 21 allows you to insure anything (at cost) and 25 is when it gets "cheaper".

I'm assuming you have little or no NCB at that price? Normally I'd say thats an extortionate price to pay, but see my other thread re: young driver prices and... well, yeah. Compared to an 899cc Fiat at 17, thats a pretty reasonable price lol

Danny s-p
10-02-10, 10:48 AM
In my experience, 21 allows you to insure anything (at cost) and 25 is when it gets "cheaper".

I'm assuming you have little or no NCB at that price? Normally I'd say thats an extortionate price to pay, but see my other thread re: young driver prices and... well, yeah. Compared to an 899cc Fiat at 17, thats a pretty reasonable price loli have only got 1 year ncb on me bike licenc. but that don't count i don't think. i wood had 2 this year 1 if i didn't fall in love with the fist nova i seen so had to buy it and a chav had try to weld it:mad: . and it fell apart as i was going rouned a bend. and i wood had me second one but a cat ran out in front of me.lol so i flinced slamed the brakes on and went through a wall and killed my seconed nova.but the insurance company haven't put my price up they just kept it the same:tard:

MattBrown
10-02-10, 11:31 PM
Danny, you should stop driving! Sheshhh, how can people stuff cars for a laugh:(:(

Danny s-p
11-02-10, 02:32 PM
Danny, you should stop driving! Sheshhh, how can people stuff cars for a laugh:(:(I don't stuff them for a laugh. i have just had a lot bad luck with my first 2 nova's them benn rot boxes. and i was gutted when i crashed the loon and haven't driven since the crash. and took so much stick for owen the car because it was 4 door loon that look like a old man shud drive.

bikerboi
11-02-10, 02:55 PM
i have only got 1 year ncb on me bike licenc. but that don't count i don't think. i wood had 2 this year 1 if i didn't fall in love with the fist nova i seen so had to buy it and a chav had try to weld it:mad: . and it fell apart as i was going rouned a bend. and i wood had me second one but a cat ran out in front of me.lol so i flinced slamed the brakes on and went through a wall and killed my seconed nova.but the insurance company haven't put my price up they just kept it the same:tard:

a cat :eek: first time i have heard this version of the story. lol. please do tell me more lmao

Danny s-p
11-02-10, 02:59 PM
a cat :eek: first time i have heard this version of the story. lol. please do tell me more lmao:roll: