PDA

View Full Version : bristol city

novaboy_southwest
07-04-03, 07:42 PM
u would have thought bristol city had won fa cup this wk end its only the ldv cup (lower div cup) only reason its played is so lower divs win summit but fair played to um they got a good team scott murray hes a mint player doubt he be at city nxt yr any way suppose 1_1 was a fair result at the county groung for city we should have won sam parkin is pure mint 24 goals this yr and he cost us 50k cheers chelsea wot a bargain

darren
07-04-03, 10:28 PM
Our Boys Carlisle was very Unlucky not to turn Bristol over in the Final, I rekon if Bristol Get promoted they will stuggle in Div 1 Unless they Heavily invest

novaboy_southwest
08-04-03, 07:45 PM
i dont want city to go up as i am a swindon fan and hate them but good look to them if they go up we will be playing them in two seasons when we go up or they come down

Ben (lurk75)
09-04-03, 03:14 PM
Oh dear oh dear oh dear...

The jealousy just keeps coming :o

Darren, you have got a very valid point, i rarely miss a game and i was at Cardiff on Sunday to watch the final. We played terrible, it was embarrising. Although you did not play very well but you could not tell that you were a divison below. The game was a very poor standard, probably due to nerves. But we one and it was the result that mattered.

As regards to going up, you never know what will happen, we are playing Crewe next week wich is a crucial game (i am travelling up for it). if we do go up then we will see, we have one of the best acadamey in the country. We have over 50 under 19's that are capable of playing for us in the first team. As you saw on Sunday when Liam Roseinor came on he completely changed the game round.

As for you Nova boy, you will always be Jealous because Swindon is always overlooked because of Bristol, in Football, as a place etc etc. Drop the chip on your shoulder and let the team enjoy the victory as after all if it was Swindon who one it then you would be happy that the club had earnt over half a million.

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 03:20 PM
i just say well done to bristol city, adn think they are capable of becoming a mid table premiership team in the next few years. gppd fan base9as show by taking 40,000+fans to cardiff) good backing in the chair man and a half decent ground. and i've heard good things about the youth set up. also well done to danny wilson for re-building his career from the slump he had at sheff wed after the briliance he did at bradford.

Ben (lurk75)
09-04-03, 03:59 PM
We have had a few years of turmoil with managers but since Danny has come in he has turned the club on its head, the chairman loves him, the fans love him and so do the players.

The problem with the fans is they only jump on board when the team are doing well, we have a good core fan base of around 15-18k but the others just enjoy yhe day out. There is nothing wrong with that as any support is good, just be nice to see them all down the gate every week.

For the size of the city there should be a top flight team, the main thing that drags the place down is the rivalry, i know there are loads of city's with twio or more teams but down here its awful, still there will only be one league team in Bristol next season :lol:

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 04:04 PM
its like any team tho, as soon as the team do well you get more fans, then you start doin bad and those fans go again. the money will come in handy for next season tho, a bit of an old back bone to the team will be needed next year. you got a good keeper in phillips and peacock and roberts are first division quality. rosineier llooked a good player sunday, but how long can you keep him, same as parker(the one on the wing number 7)

fair play to carlisle tho they gave a good fight and its a shame they are in the bottom 2 of the 3rd division.

come on you super monkeys(hartlepool!!)

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 04:06 PM
why won't it let me put in p.e.a.c0.c.k??????????

Ben (lurk75)
09-04-03, 04:12 PM
same as parker(the one on the wing number 7)

Scott Murray? he is pure class, if he had converted that full pitch run would have been goal of the season.

As to Rosenior his dad has had ties with City for years and is still part of the staff, he wont let it all rush to his head. Yes he will move onto bigger better things but not until he is fully compotent at this level. You see so many players wasted like that.

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 04:15 PM
thats the geezer murray, vv.good winger, shame he's not a left winger!! how old is he, where'd you get him etc?

you see a hell of a lot of talent wasted by gettin too big headed then they have to head to the confrence or lower ot re-build there careers coz they think they can walk into man utds first team line up.

rosinier looked like a littel terrior when he came on and just changed the game, you could see he really wanted to win and worked his socks off for the team and got his rewards witht eh assist and teh dodgy goal(they all count) that he got.

what other youngsters you got coming thro that we should be on the look out for?

darren
09-04-03, 04:24 PM
Yeah Ben ur right bout the game on Sunday being poor, but our lads played as well as they have all season, It's a shame that we cant repeat that in the league!!

I suppose Bristol have the fan base to become a Big club, i mean what, there was a Good 38,000 there in your end on Sunday. Good luck for the future anyways.

O and it was nice to see so many Union Jacks n St' George's flags in Wales :D Ur obviously a Very Loyal Bunch!!

Ben (lurk75)
09-04-03, 04:27 PM
Murray is in his mid twenties i think, shame he is scottish!

Other young uns on the way through are people like Marvelour Marvin Brown and some other guy who i cant even say let alone right! will dig out a program to look how its wrote.

People like Tommy Docherty and Danny Coles have come up through the ranks(i used to play against Coles as a kid) he is a good strong player but cant see why he got man of the match on Sunday.

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 04:30 PM
i still think its crewe and wigan who will go up. so its between, bristol city, cardiff, qpr andoldham who gets the 3rd spot. qpr look good at the mo as well.

Ben (lurk75)
09-04-03, 04:57 PM
Darren. To tell you the truth i felt very sorry for all your fans having to make that terrible journey home. We sold our full 42k allocation in about 10days.

It was also good that the atmosphere between the two clubs supporters was buzzing so much, we were drinking with a few before the game. To be honest the Carlilse fans were the least of our worrys as its no hidden fact that City and cardiff City are arch enimies and there was some real bad fighting the night before after cardiff played QPR, as loads of our lot stayed in Cardiff the night before.

ben. As i siad we have got Crewe this week. they arent looking that impressive. yes they are pulling the results in but not that well. I think cardiff are a bigger threat to be honest (although it hurts to say it). We still have to play them as well. if we can beat both of those we will be in a fine position.

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 05:01 PM
this is the point of the season where squad depth and quality will show.its gonna go down to the last few days, sme as the 1st and 3rd division.

Ben (lurk75)
09-04-03, 05:04 PM
Yes i hope this is what Danny Wilson has been working on as we get into this position every season and choke. Hope we can now hold our own, all the hard work thats gone in before means nothing if we collapse now.

Benjoyce
09-04-03, 05:06 PM
exactly. plus can you afford to stay in the division, with supporters expectations, wages etc

novaboy_southwest
09-04-03, 07:47 PM
i know i am a swindon fan and fair played to city they r looking good we blew our chance againt the 3 bottom teams to get in the playoffs oh well nxt season hey i hope bristol go up to be honest look at reading i thought they would be straight back down doubt if any of u know our striker danny invincerble ?? well hes off this year oh thanks city for letting us have the fcuk crap matt hewlett what a waste of time he is how is robin hulbert doing

Ben
10-04-03, 12:38 PM
Matt hewlett was a quality player he is very skillful, just a pansy and gets knocked of the ball to easy and is too scared to shoot.

Benjoyce
23-04-03, 03:24 PM
surely they've got to go up as runners up now?????

Ben (lurk75)
23-04-03, 03:27 PM
well last night was also a bad game but we got the points. also roberts scored who lives 5 minutes from ninian park (cardiff) and was on there books but they got shot as he wasnt good enough :lol:

If crewe dont win now then we will take second, crewe have cardiff and qpr to play so it is going to be tough.

oh yeah we got Scott Murray from Villa for ?175k bargain!!!

Benjoyce
23-04-03, 03:39 PM
bargain!! he's a pretty handy player. saw a few more clips of him at the weekend, looks a good first div player easily

novaboy_southwest
25-04-03, 10:15 PM
hey u city fans swindon done u a favour and u blew the chance to go second now ur just 3 points above tranmere and they r 7th will u get in the playoffs i hope u do be good for u to get bk in div 1 u say bout roberts being a bargain how bout sam parkin he cost 50k from chelsea and has got 25 in return

Ben (lurk75)
26-04-03, 07:48 AM
Murray was the Bargain not roberts, he is a mule (lucky one)

We havent blew anything, we can still go up automatically.

We are guarenteed play offs as tramere need to score about 18 goals in 2 games to get past us.

Its all up to the other teams now.

Tilly
26-04-03, 08:21 AM
Who are bristol city???

novaboy_southwest
26-04-03, 03:15 PM
yea but if u loose and they win and draw they will get last spot

Ben (lurk75)
26-04-03, 05:50 PM
Who are bristol city???

The team about 20 places and 50 points above cheltenham town!