PDA

View Full Version : F20 box onto 1.4 8v? Rear gearbox mount?

RED REY
08-02-10, 09:03 PM
right, just put the f20 together to put into my nova 1.4 8v rally car and not sure which linkage to use? the standard one looks to short and wont reach the turret, not sure if im meana use the f20 linkage or wat anybody know how i to make it work? its got a standard nova linkage atm. any advice much apreciated cheers

Nobby
08-02-10, 09:05 PM
are you sure your f20 will fit a smallblock have you to had space the rear mount??

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

RED REY
08-02-10, 09:08 PM
are you sure your f20 will fit a smallblock have you to had space the rear mount??

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ahh right yer it will fir just have to use a certain clutch just not to sure on the whole rear mount thing so do you use to linkge arm off the f13 or the f20 cheers?

Nobby
08-02-10, 09:55 PM
mate its either me or you thats confused now lol, 1400 is small block f20's are big blocks do they even fit ive never heard of it before? the f20's are used when fitting a xe or any other big block and need the rear mount spacing so it lines up with the normal nova gearbox chassis mounts.

RED REY
08-02-10, 11:04 PM
They definatly fit as all the big boys run them, weaver motorsport cars run them, just need a certain clutch and they match up cheers

General Baxter
08-02-10, 11:07 PM
theres a 1.6 16v running a F28 lol

R1CH
08-02-10, 11:11 PM
Use the standard Nova linkage, just need to flip the white plastic UJ around 180 degrees, this gives it a bit more length so it'll reach the turret.
Same again with the rear mount, standard Nova one but you need to space it about 10mm from the box, you can buy conversion parts, the conversion plate will also let you use all 3 mounting holes on the gearbox aswell instead of just the 2 like a std Nova mount.

djbrowney
08-02-10, 11:20 PM
theres a 1.6 16v running a F28 lol

darcy iirc, what flywheel, clutch set up did you use ?:thumb:

djbrowney
08-02-10, 11:21 PM
Use the standard Nova linkage, just need to flip the white plastic UJ around 180 degrees, this gives it a bit more length so it'll reach the turret.
Same again with the rear mount, standard Nova one but you need to space it about 10mm from the box, you can buy conversion parts, the conversion plate will also let you use all 3 mounting holes on the gearbox aswell instead of just the 2 like a std Nova mount.

im not sure where to get these now conversion mounts have disapeared and ca gone bust lol

General Baxter
08-02-10, 11:23 PM
LMF,

but i dont see the point, just use the two bolts

djbrowney
08-02-10, 11:26 PM
you will see the point when you crack your gearbox !

Plug
08-02-10, 11:37 PM
custom flywheel will be needed iirc to fit the small block but use an xe clutch

djbrowney
09-02-10, 07:48 AM
it dosnt mate, but im just waiting on what he says lol