PDA

View Full Version : Switches

novanova636
08-02-10, 01:01 PM
Hi all, Is it posible to wire up the hazard switch and the blower switch to toggle switches on a mk2? For the blower i will only need one speed. Say the middle speed. If so how do i go about it?

Cheers dave

mowgli
08-02-10, 01:11 PM
i think the hazard does too many processes & i'm not sure about the legalities of a toggle switch to operate it...

the blower switch would be easy, disconnect the loom & splice in 2 wires for the feed & speed

Jack
08-02-10, 03:55 PM
A toggle switch should be fine in terms of the legality, MOT etc. Its just the headache of wiring one in, iirc the Mk2 hazard switch has all sorts of silly connections lol

MK999
08-02-10, 04:26 PM
A toggle switch should be fine in terms of the legality, MOT etc. Its just the headache of wiring one in, iirc the Mk2 hazard switch has all sorts of silly connections lol

It's a 4x3 connector iirc, of which only about 3 slots aren't used, so crack out the wiring diagrams if you want a toggle on that lol

Jack
08-02-10, 04:29 PM
Can't be too hard :d

MK999
08-02-10, 04:32 PM
6 pole double throw toggle switch, sorted lol

16xe_chris
08-02-10, 04:52 PM
Hi all, Is it posible to wire up the hazard switch and the blower switch to toggle switches on a mk2? For the blower i will only need one speed. Say the middle speed. If so how do i go about it?

Cheers dave

I have a 3 way switch for my blowers, i pulled off the plug on the back of your standard switch cut all the wires off, i first tested which one was the feed, i put that to the middle of my new switch and then speed one to the top and speed 3 to the bottom of the switch :thumb:

Hope this helps matey

novanova636
08-02-10, 08:44 PM
Cheers guys. I hues just chop it off and give it ago really lol