PDA

View Full Version : and now, the end is near...

Benjoyce
07-04-03, 03:18 PM
well i got offered anew much much better paid job today and i took it! trouble is i don't know if they have the net there so i can come on novaload.net every day?!?!? I really wanna keep postede on the novaload weekend and other topics in here. so i better make use of the 3 weeks i have left!!

Dave
07-04-03, 03:29 PM
Well done on the new job.
if they haven't got the net just persuade them it would further their business if they had it!

jkhilton
07-04-03, 04:40 PM
nice one on the job front. I am searching for another job back up in Manchester, I've been for interviews, but nothing has come of any of them yet. plus as they are through agencies I never get to hear any of the feedback(good or bad!!!) :(

Ben (lurk75)
07-04-03, 04:45 PM
Agencies are a waste of time.

jkhilton
07-04-03, 05:20 PM
I have got all my contracts and jobs through agencies apart from the one I am in now(cheers Slim!). Usually they are pretty good and most companies dont like to hire IT staff themselves, they go through agencies, so the choice is limited!

linzTDI
08-04-03, 01:12 PM
I dont think agents are very good at all for the amout of money they charge the company for you the company have high expectations and you only see not even half of that

Benjoyce
08-04-03, 01:16 PM
agencies are ok if your outta work, coz yoummight be able to get a full time job from it.

Nova-Boy
08-04-03, 01:21 PM
Hope the job front goes well. You will have to hope they got the net! What sort of a company isn't on the world wide web now-adays? If there not make them get a speedy conection so you can browse like a speed demond! :twisted: (GSK have T1 with 250Kb a sec download speed! hehe)

Alex
08-04-03, 01:23 PM
in my own experience agency staff are a load of useless, skill-less fools :lol: . (that is in a supermarket though, so not much skill is needed)

jkhilton
08-04-03, 01:39 PM
I use jobserve to find jobs in IT, they are alll through agencies though. I'm not talking about places like Kelly Services etc. I'm talking about Reed,Computer Futures, Computer people etc... they dont provide temp workers, they provide skilled staff such as myself! :D :D
The only thing is, if they get me an interview they are all nicey nicey, but if I dont get the job, they dont want to tell me what was said, it takes too much time and they can't be arsed. That is what bugs me!!!

Benjoyce
25-04-03, 02:45 PM
well its my last 2 hours at work, so if i don't get on at home soon, its been fun talking to you all.

I'll be on as often as i can, proberly not very, just to check meet dates etc.

If anyone can keep me posted on these, please mail me @ benjoyce@lycos.co.uk

Tilly
25-04-03, 05:49 PM
agency work i could earn up to ?15 p/hr but its not definate work everyday cant rely on that