PDA

View Full Version : Going Backwards?

dangermouse2503
07-02-10, 10:01 PM
Hey all, not posted much on here as just into browsing though posts and threads.
Thought it be good to post a thread up asking people's opinions on an idea I've had.

I've just bought(dare I say it) a V'plate Corsa B 1.2 12v hairdryer powered run around and the bug has bitten to modify her.

I really fancy going backwards and switching from injection to a small block carb'd engine just because I think it would be fun lol

I want it to be a daily driver but looking to do a couple of trackdays with it to once brakes, chassis and tyres are sorted.

Idea's are a 1.4/1.6 8valve on twin carbs with uprated cam and head work.
I know I aint gonna find an engine like this in a Corsa B run of the mill car, thats why I want to be different.

Any idea's and suggestions would be spiffingly good:thumb:

phazer
07-02-10, 10:08 PM
Not worth it in the slightest if you plan on using on the road, it'll never pass the emissions test come MOT time. Unless of course you are going for a full on retro engine and can prove it's age.

Stay with injection and bung some throttle bodies on, off a bike if you want to do it budget stylee.

daverobson
07-02-10, 11:42 PM
i drive a 1300sr engine as a daily and miss my old injection in this cold weater, =(. just put a gte/gsi engine in if your after more power. or as 'phazer' says.