PDA

View Full Version : XE wiring question

NitrousVaux
07-02-10, 09:35 PM
Right I have a little wiring problem with the XE into the Nova and wanted some advice.

I have checked the guides on here but I think I am missing part of the loom.

I think this is connector no 15, as per the diagram.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j123/S1Newbie/07022010200.jpg

But I dont have the loom part to connect to so the ICV & knock sensor wont be connected. Do you run without it? Where is the knock sensor located? cant find it!

I also have the following:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j123/S1Newbie/07022010201.jpg

Green wire with plug coming off the connection to the coil and dizzy. its not two wires the plug has come off!

and I have :

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j123/S1Newbie/07022010202.jpg

Black wire with connector taped to the loom. I was thinking no 14 switched live.

Please help am confused!

Mazz
07-02-10, 10:34 PM
Single black is indeed switched live, what was the loom out of originally?

NitrousVaux
07-02-10, 10:35 PM
dont kno came with the engine!

Benn
07-02-10, 10:45 PM
It might run with out the icv and knock not plugged it but it will be sh*te, best get that bit of loom you need and plug it in.

The plug you have in your hand looks like the one that's on the top of the dizzy..

NitrousVaux
07-02-10, 10:47 PM
cool, not the plug in my hand the green wire off that part of the loom is confusing me!

Benn
07-02-10, 10:49 PM
Does it connect to the other broken bit of green wire?

NitrousVaux
07-02-10, 10:50 PM
yeah the plug is a sinle plug connector i wondered if it was the rev counter connection

Benn
07-02-10, 10:56 PM
The green on the loom is yes so. Cant think of where it plugs in tho..

NitrousVaux
07-02-10, 11:17 PM
should i connect it to the nova loom by the coil?

Benn
07-02-10, 11:19 PM
Nothing on that bit of loom to connect too...

NitrousVaux
07-02-10, 11:21 PM
from my old nova loom the connections to the coilw were black and green. black was li switch live so was gonna connect to no 14 and green to the green in the loom

Damo
08-02-10, 08:22 AM
Right ive just done this conversion mate the green at the coil wants fixing to the negative side then needs running into the car to the clocks as your original wire wont work. The blace is a switched live you should be able to use your original one at the coil unless it was a 1lt to start with. and you will need the little icv loom as it wont tick over iirc and the black wire you had in your hand is the dissy plug .

Hope this solves some of your problems

Damo.

NitrousVaux
08-02-10, 08:24 AM
Right ive just done this conversion mate the green at the coil wants fixing to the negative side then needs running into the car to the clocks as your original wire wont work. The blace is a switched live you should be able to use your original one at the coil unless it was a 1lt to start with. and you will need the little icv loom as it wont tick over iirc and the black wire you had in your hand is the dissy plug .

Hope this solves some of your problems

Damo.

Cool thanks very much, anyone got a wiring diagram of the icv loom? trying to buy one but may have to make one up.

Damo
08-02-10, 07:33 PM
Cool thanks very much, anyone got a wiring diagram of the icv loom? trying to buy one but may have to make one up.
Youd be best off trying to buy one mate as its quite a complex bit of loom.:thumb:

Damo.

NitrousVaux
08-02-10, 09:25 PM
Youd be best off trying to buy one mate as its quite a complex bit of loom.:thumb:

Damo.
Thanks for your help. I have managed to source one, not I can get the engine back together and hopefully sort out the wiring.

+rep!

Damo
08-02-10, 11:38 PM
Thanks for your help. I have managed to source one, not I can get the engine back together and hopefully sort out the wiring.

+rep!

Glad to help mate anymore probs PM me an ill do my best to help you.

Damo.