PDA

View Full Version : breakdown cover

jakeufton
07-02-10, 07:44 PM
dont know whether this should be under insurance or not but.... anyway whats the best breakdown company to go with? not rip offs, but most wont cover me because its 21 years old more reiable than some of these new pieces of shiite on the road, (toyota coff coff) anyone got a good deal any where need recovery level also not where they drop you off at the next rip off merchant but take you and your car home,

thanks jake

Jack
07-02-10, 08:03 PM
RAC cover me (rather than the car, so whatever vehicle I'm in, I'm covered). Always had good service from them, although Riggy wasn't too happy... mind you, he wasn't a customer when he needed them.

nova danny1
07-02-10, 08:45 PM
I've just got my nova covered with the AA (just the car) i've got road side assistance and relay (where if they can't fix it at the side of the road they will take me home from anywhere in the UK) for this it's just over £7 a month which i don't think is too bad.

Lee H
07-02-10, 10:17 PM
I'm with the RAC which covers me (ideal with three old sheds). Never had a problem with them, always been spot on for me. Think it cost me £65 for the year.

Iain
08-02-10, 05:13 PM
I've called out RAC loads over the couple of years the Nova was on the road, and they've always been helpful.

Just covered the daily with "Insurance Choice", costing £29 a year and as far as I understand it they'll tow you anywhere (not just 10 mile radius like my previous RAC cover did). Can tell you how good they are when I make my first call (shouldn't be too long).