View Full Version : I...

Saloony
07-02-10, 07:34 PM
..Fcuking hate painting. Basturd house.

That is all

Keif
07-02-10, 07:40 PM
lol my job this week.

Thankfully only got a little to do, but it's a deep red, going to a biscuit brown.....How many coats. lol

Spudly
07-02-10, 07:42 PM
Keep telling ya, mask everything up then dunk a banger or other high powered artillery style firework in the tin of paint, light fuse, bail and shut the door lol

Southie
07-02-10, 07:42 PM
One of my jobs to do next month, I hate painting it's crap. So much easier in Photoshop lol

MK999
07-02-10, 07:43 PM
lol my job this week.

Thankfully only got a little to do, but it's a deep red, going to a biscuit brown.....How many coats. lol

Depends on the paint tbh, get some decent "one coat" stuff and maybe only the 2 :) more expensive, but usually better value for money are the better paints, 20l of watery pish is all well and good for £2.50 but when you have to do 35 coats it's not so great lol

MK999
07-02-10, 07:44 PM
Keep telling ya, mask everything up then dunk a banger or other high powered artillery style firework in the tin of paint, light fuse, bail and shut the door lol

Stolen from mr bean! I'm onto you mr spud lol

Jack
07-02-10, 07:46 PM
Fixed it yet? lol

Saloony
07-02-10, 07:49 PM

Cant when your trying to be like that flouncey bloke, Laurence Frilly knickers Bowen and got accent walls in every room. At least im not putting miles on Butch i suppose lol Glossing next, not looking forward to that sh1t.

Jack, yeah course i have, come get it lol

Jack
07-02-10, 07:53 PM
lol no rush tbh, I have the nova to pootle around in for the time being :)

If you want a hand painting though, I'm still off work next week :d

Saloony
07-02-10, 08:06 PM
lol sweet, ill be working it round my epic work load, be mint when shes done. Cheers dude, just got gloss work to be done now, and thats the painting done. Then its, tiling, carpets, hardwood floor and a good clean up. Then set to the garden... wooo lol

Mike
07-02-10, 08:07 PM
..Fcuking hate painting. Basturd house.

That is all

Welcome to my world :(

Mike
07-02-10, 08:08 PM

I wouldn;t be lying if i said ive never done such stupid, childish & immature things as that....

Saloony
07-02-10, 08:11 PM
Dunno how you cope with it fella. Its like Mot'ing all day, bloody mind numbing.

Mike
07-02-10, 08:13 PM
Dunno how you cope with it fella. Its like Mot'ing all day, bloody mind numbing.

LOLing at shethole council house tenants, nail gunning the chippys tools the floor, driving around sites showing our lakkies how to paint, smoking, cuppo tea, 4" rollers, more driving, M6 traffic, attacked by irate dags, putting the boot in, an then home mostly.

Kinda average day for me really.

sulphur
07-02-10, 08:15 PM
I don't mind painting. Makes a change working inside, especially if it's my place or a mates. Few beers, some tunes and we're off :thumb:

How'd you come to run your own 'firm' at your age, Mike?

Mike
07-02-10, 08:21 PM
How'd you come to run your own 'firm' at your age, Mike?

I dont run my own firm, i co-own/run a decorating company with a childhood mate of mine.

Im self employed, same as Loony, was originally a sole trader an things just grew from there really. Coming 24y/o on Thursday so got plenty years left yet unfortuantly :(

Saloony
07-02-10, 08:23 PM
I don't mind painting. Makes a change working inside, especially if it's my place or a mates. Few beers, some tunes and we're off :thumb:

Thats what me and my best mate are doing, but Pepsi/Sprite/IrnBru, plenty of chocolate and McCoys crisps lol

sulphur
07-02-10, 08:24 PM
Co-own/run own company is what I meant. Plenty stress young, lol. Plenty more too. I don't think I could be arsed with all that paperwork. Self assessments are enough for me, for some reason they want one every bloody year. :(

sulphur
07-02-10, 08:25 PM
Thats what me and my best mate are doing, but Pepsi/Sprite/IrnBru, plenty of chocolate and McCoys crisps lol

+rep!
FTW! :thumb:

Saloony
07-02-10, 08:25 PM
Being your own boss is cool dude, its mega stress but i farking love it. And i can turn and say... im 25, im a Managing Director/Owner of a company lol

sulphur
07-02-10, 08:27 PM
Would be cool, but there's no chance of it in groundwork trade now. Being a gaffer at 24 wouldn't be easy, too many faces turned at being bossed around from a younger lad. Would be nice to dictate working hours though, the old 7-5 is getting tiresome already. :(

Mike
07-02-10, 08:27 PM
Co-own/run own company is what I meant. Plenty stress young, lol. Plenty more too. I don't think I could be arsed with all that paperwork. Self assessments are enough for me, for some reason they want one every bloody year. :(

Comes with the job unfortunatly, im sure Loony will also agree on that.

I have my fingers in a few things elsewhere too, all legal an all i will add!

MK999
07-02-10, 08:28 PM
I have my fingers in a few things elsewhere too, all legal an all i will add!

All over 16 you see.

Mike
07-02-10, 08:29 PM
All over 16 you see.

That too lol lol

sulphur
07-02-10, 08:31 PM
I wouldn't mind having involvement in other things, but I thought buying a house would be a nice easy, profitable thing to do..then branch from that. Paying the mortgage along with everything else turned into quite a mission. One day I'll delve into something else..

Saloony
07-02-10, 08:35 PM
Dude, trying getting a mortgage when your in my situation. Took me a fair while, it pays to be your own boss and then it doesnt. Its hard work, but thinking i have OCD hence why im always pushing myself to an early heart attack lol

Mike
07-02-10, 08:37 PM
it pays to be your own boss and then it doesnt.

Too bloody true. Altho the tax rebates kick áss! :d

Saloony
07-02-10, 08:41 PM
Tax.. dont remind me... got my corporation tax coming up in a bit... not happy

Mike
07-02-10, 08:49 PM
Tax.. dont remind me... got my corporation tax coming up in a bit... not happy

Ooooh :(

You had to VAT register yet too? That is a really boring weekend of paper work :cry:

Saloony
07-02-10, 08:51 PM
Yeah had to be dude. Im a limited company, and Mot station so was really needed to be.

Mike
07-02-10, 08:52 PM
Yeah had to be dude. Im a limited company, and Mot station so was really needed to be.

Ah i see lol would make sense really lol Didnt realise you were limited but can fully understand the reasons as to why you are!

Saloony
07-02-10, 09:02 PM
Oh yes. But when it came to the Mortgage for my house, instead of being employed which i am. I own the company but am employed by it too, cos i own more than a 50% share in it, im self employed so mortgage time was well gay.