PDA

View Full Version : NEW JOB :) ... CSCS Card.

NovaLad
07-02-10, 06:32 PM
Been out of work officially now for a good year or so... Times have been hard and the nova is now un insured due to no pennies and i just drive my dads car when it's free.

BUT... now have been offered a job :) :thumb: :) :)
Really Happy!

It's good pay and i'll just be starting off with labouring duties until i've been working long enough to learn the actual trade. :thumb:

Now i've heard about this - Health & Safety Test, Which is Section 1-15 in my revision book but does anyone know how many Q's it is when you take the exam and how many you are allowed to get incorrect?

So far i've revised the 342 Q's and on my second attempt i got 10 wrong so should be ok but was curious about the test itself????

Anyone else on here taken it?

Cheers.

bazil
07-02-10, 06:36 PM
iirc its about 30 question, its not how many you get wrong its how badly you get them wrong, its an odd test but pish easy, colours of fire extuishers, voltage on sites etc,

Rickardo
07-02-10, 06:37 PM
The H & S test is so easy its untrue, most of it is common sense.

Are you taking the test near the post office in Oldham??

Graeme
07-02-10, 06:37 PM
Its the easiest thing you'll ever do mate

djbrowney
07-02-10, 06:41 PM
its 35 questions and you have to to get 30 right, dont forget like i did your cscs card only lasts a year and you have to obtain a (not very qualified) (nvq) qualifaction to obtain a new one !

bazil
07-02-10, 06:43 PM
its 35 questions and you have to to get 30 right, dont forget like i did your cscs card only lasts a year and you have to obtain a (not very qualified) (nvq) qualifaction to obtain a new one !

depends on your job, my employer vouched for my skills and i got the full card but this is only applicable to certain jobs:)

i drive a roadbrush:d ( hence the bazil name )

NovaLad
07-02-10, 06:46 PM
The H & S test is so easy its untrue, most of it is common sense.

Are you taking the test near the post office in Oldham??

Yes mate i think that's where it is.

Where they do the driving theory + HP aswell?

NovaLad
07-02-10, 06:47 PM

Got told it lasts 5 years.

EDIT - Has anyone that's replied done it in the past few month?
I think the numebr of Q's has changed but again i really have no clue.

sulphur
07-02-10, 06:59 PM
Seriously, if you fail it...you should hang yourself. lol It's too easy it's rediculous. 35 questions, need 31 to pass from what I can remember. Mine's due for renewal end of this year, as is my confined spaces.
What firm you got a start with? Proper site jobs?

bazil
07-02-10, 07:01 PM
Got told it lasts 5 years.

EDIT - Has anyone that's replied done it in the past few month?
I think the numebr of Q's has changed but again i really have no clue.

about 6 months ago or less, and it was about 35 ish, stop flapping it pish easy,:)

NovaLad
07-02-10, 07:03 PM
It's a plumbing and welding firm i think is the best way to put it...
Don't know much about it TBH... my bro in laws dad is the manager i think and that's how i got told about the job.

Next job is in stockport either at or near the new college that's being built.

NovaLad
07-02-10, 07:03 PM
about 6 months ago or less, and it was about 35 ish, stop flapping it pish easy,:)

lol i like to ask questions so i know what i'm in for and like to know other peoples input.

bazil
07-02-10, 07:06 PM
if youve worked on sites before you will know all the answers, but the one that caught mt mate out and he failedlol was the fire questions, do you know the different colours of extinushers and what to use them on?

sulphur
07-02-10, 07:06 PM
It's all common sense stupid questions. Seriously mate, you could wake up 5mins before your test, never even looking at the book and pass. Just remember you're extinguishers. lol

Edit: ^beat me to it. lol

sulphur
07-02-10, 07:07 PM
Stockport academy? Firm I work for had that contract. :thumb:

NovaLad
07-02-10, 07:08 PM
if youve worked on sites before you will know all the answers, but the one that caught mt mate out and he failedlol was the fire questions, do you know the different colours of extinushers and what to use them on?

Yeah the extinguishers are the ones i got stuck on at 1st...
the thing is they don't ask what they are they ask what not to use them for lol Propper sly!

NovaLad
07-02-10, 07:09 PM
Stockport academy? Firm I work for had that contract. :thumb:
Really don't know sorry.
Just know it starts in about 2 week or something.

bazil
07-02-10, 07:09 PM
the answers are easy but the questions are trickily worded.

sulphur
07-02-10, 07:10 PM
Seriously wouldn't worry about it fella, you got it booked already? You won't fail. :thumb:

NovaLad
07-02-10, 07:12 PM
Got my revision book last thursday and wanted to get it booked before the start date of the contract and the only available slot for next week was wednesday...

Atleast it will keep everything fresh in my head rather than it being weeks off and forgetting stuff.

Extinguishers:

RED - WATER
ORANGEY - YELLOW - FOAM
BLUE - DRY POWDER
BLACK - CO2

Jack
07-02-10, 07:51 PM
30 questions, need 31 to pass
Must be pretty hard to pass it then. lol

NovaLad
07-02-10, 07:52 PM
Lol!!!

sulphur
07-02-10, 08:07 PM
AHha, my bad. Edited. :tard:

mowgli
07-02-10, 08:47 PM
novalad, it really is easy & you can go back thru them to edit the answers before you finish if you are not sure...

just keep studying the book & get to understand the questions. cos they do try to reword them to catch you out.

mine took 9 mins last time...

Derick-Sport
07-02-10, 10:09 PM
easy as pie mate it was 30 questions just had to do my cscs as part of my diploma in painting and decorating

mowgli
08-02-10, 12:44 PM
easy as pie mate it was 30 questions just had to do my cscs as part of my diploma in painting and decorating

NOW I'VE HEARD EVERYTHING....a diploma in painting & decorating.... was there a module on tea drinking & singing badly????

NovaLad
09-02-10, 12:12 AM
Just gone through my revision book and got 100%... let's just hope i keep that up lol.

NovaLad
10-02-10, 12:42 AM
The test is first thing in the morning... around 8:00am i think.

Wish me luck! Night

JShannon
10-02-10, 05:26 AM
Good luck!!

Joe:thumb:

NovaLad
29-03-10, 12:25 AM
Bumping this thread because i want to /Rant.

I'm still waiting to start and i'm getting pretty p1ssed off!
I was meant to start over a month ago now!
Apparently the normal superviser/manager (my brother in laws dad) is still on the other job in London so they have a new lad supervising the new contract at stockport and he hasn't got a clue with what he is doing and hasn't even got 1 workers mate or labourer on the job yet, despite the workers moaning to him several times about this.
N00B.

Sick of going Job Centre and them hearing the same story off me. ''I'm still waiting to start work''... They must think i'm taking the p1ss.

And ontop of all this my rent in laws just booked us all a holiday for june and i have fook all saved for it!!!!!
GRRRR!!!!
/Rant Over

NovaLad
22-04-10, 11:33 AM
Even more p1ssed off now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was now supposed to start 2 and half month ago.

So anyways i get told the manager is on the job this week and it will hopefully be sorted by tuesday but if not then to get intouch on thurs...
So i just did that to be told that he has spoke to the boss and he's said he will look into it next week.
But they just said to me it sounds like he isn't taking you on yet because he doesn't like spending money.
WTF!

If i knew it was going to take this long instead of a week or 2 to start like i got told when i got offered the job then i would have started the sh1t payed apprentiship!
Really wound up because now i have no options as such for my self till september.

I've been told off a few people to just forget about it so last week i started looking for new jobs AGAIN! and it's well annoying already!

Jack
22-04-10, 01:07 PM
I will give you one shilling to polish my shoes.

mowgli
22-04-10, 01:12 PM
you'll be ok, novalad, just ring gordon brown up, he's got thousands of new jobs all over the country, and there is free training for young unemployed..... its never looked so good................

now, to be serious, house building is slowly recovering back to 1995 levels, eveything else is in limbo till after may 6th, just keep looking & trying, something always works out for the eager ones.

GRUNT 16V
22-04-10, 01:19 PM
Congrats !!!

Richie_B
22-04-10, 08:02 PM
Some last 3 years, some 5 depending on which test / profession you sat it as. Think the general one is 3 yrs.

It's easy though. When we did ours the bloke actually read through out answers before we submitted at the end to check they were all ok. Said he didn't want any fails lol

EDIT: Didn't realise it's an old thread

MattBrown
22-04-10, 08:08 PM
Its the easiest thing you'll ever do mate

Christ, if he passed it theres hope for anyonelol