PDA

View Full Version : 1.2spi not starting

CoolTiger
07-02-10, 04:23 PM
ok in a nutshell standing one month got fuel coming through and good spark but no start :( petrol down injector ect all done not even attempting to start ? why?

i have no dials in (cut cables) will this effect it ?

Damo
08-02-10, 08:26 AM
It shouldnt effect it mate you tryed just putting petrol down the trottle bady to see if it gives it a kick.

Guderian
08-02-10, 01:07 PM
Well.... The orange fault code light forms a part of the engine management system, so if you have no dials at least one circuit is incomplete.. So i would try bodging them back in if i was you, then try to start it.

Adam
08-02-10, 02:07 PM
Light shouldnt effect it. Check the plug on the dizzy.

MattBrown
08-02-10, 02:16 PM
How fast is it winding over adam?

Also, isnt it longer than 1 month? Re fuel?

Erm, bump it down your hill, but pray it starts, or your never getting it back up lol lol lol

Annie
08-02-10, 03:29 PM
If the clocks are missing wont affect the engine, Mines been run for a week before with no clocks.

have you checked the timing? had this on my nova when it had been standing. when we tried to start it the water pump had stuck & jumped the cambelt a few teeth putting the timing out hence the non starting.

mowgli
08-02-10, 04:59 PM
cambelt ok??

Steve0011
09-02-10, 12:31 AM
one month should'nt effect the fuel but it does go 'stale' over time throw some fresh stuff in, check timing and buy a can of easy start