PDA

View Full Version : photo editing

paddy138
07-02-10, 03:52 PM
Im just getting use to my nikon d3000 and did a bit of searching for free downloads on photo editing suites but nothing good was coming up, not really looking for a photoshop program just something basic to get me started on editing a few photos, can anyone recommend a good download for a photo editing program, cheers

Nebbz
07-02-10, 03:58 PM
ive got photoshop on cs3 some where (copy) but its for windows and i have a mac......fail lol

if i can find it, its yours if you want it! free, seeing i got it free.

How this disc works i dont know, i was told you need to upload it on to your harddrive 1st but i dont know its windows...... macs dont work like that :wtf:

Jack
07-02-10, 04:16 PM
When you say edit, what do you mean?

Edit as in simple things such as colour, contrast, gamma etc? Layering such as HDR? Or chopping things about?

paddy138
07-02-10, 04:20 PM
colour, contrast, cropping, blurring background

paddy138
07-02-10, 04:21 PM
whats layering and gamma

Jack
07-02-10, 04:23 PM
Gamma, basically its contrast lol

Layering is applying layers to images so you can break it up and add/edit sections without affecting other parts of the image.

TBH if you want to do everything, your best bet is to go purchase a copy of Photoshop or PaintShop Pro (or look for a free demo version first to get a handle on how things work).

Nebbz
07-02-10, 04:39 PM
Gamma, basically its contrast lol

Layering is applying layers to images so you can break it up and add/edit sections without affecting other parts of the image.

TBH if you want to do everything, your best bet is to go purchase a copy of Photoshop or PaintShop Pro (or look for a free demo version first to get a handle on how things work).

have both some where lol but what he said! other stuff is pretty much an imminent fail when it comes to photo editing!

Keif
07-02-10, 04:54 PM
http://www.gimp.org/

Does everything you want and more, plus it's free.

phazer
07-02-10, 07:14 PM
GIMP as above or Paint.NET it pretty handy too. http://www.getpaint.net/