PDA

View Full Version : **Dj`s**

wisewood
07-04-03, 01:04 PM
nice to see this thing progressing beyond you and kev micky :lol:

Jim
07-04-03, 01:46 PM
I have a set of decks. I mainly play dance, trance, funky dance type stuff. Basically music that I like the sound off. Oh, I've not mixed for about a year, lol. I keep meaning too, but the Nova, house, pc and girlfriend take my time at the minute.

Why do you ask Micky?

Jim

Ste_Nova
07-04-03, 02:03 PM
i have 2 technics dd decks and some nice jamo speakers.... pity i don't use them :P they just look nice at the entertianment end of my room :lol:

linzTDI
07-04-03, 02:16 PM
i have always wanted decks as we all used to go round mates houses who had them and have a bit mess about till they set there own rave up and took off.

My ickle bro is after some so i might buy him them (with me in mind lol)

wisewood
07-04-03, 02:21 PM
just to be a little less secretive than micky has been... something is being planned to broadcast over the net.

there you go... thats as much as i can tell you really as i dont know everything about it yet. but saves everyone asking all sorts of questions all the time.

?Marty?
07-04-03, 02:24 PM
I play around with my mates 1210's, but can't be bothered getting my own. Wouldn't have any time to use them, so no point.

Ben (lurk75)
07-04-03, 02:51 PM
I play Drum n Bass (old style stuff) none of this poncy new crap. proper decent records.

I havent mixed for a while but still got it, also got loads of 80's hip hop and very early house.

Benjoyce
07-04-03, 03:13 PM
i got a set of technic 1210's(quite old now, cost a bomb when i got them!) i used to play old school garage and jungle, now just have punk and stuff like that. but can still mix it about a bit.

Alex
07-04-03, 03:40 PM
i think Slatter DJs IIRC

wisewood
07-04-03, 03:55 PM
yeah slatter does... i remember him telling me.
i think he does it so he can do the school disco's and eye up all the tallent :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
07-04-03, 04:20 PM
yeah slatter does... i remember him telling me.
i think he does it so he can do the school disco's and eye up all the tallent :lol:

lmao does micky want Abba and blazing squad?

locky
07-04-03, 04:39 PM
Im able 2 play anything n everything, i got cd mixing gear, as well as turntables! i prefer 2 use the turntables, theyr more fun! My preferences are house, hardhouse/trance, but im able 2 do the commercial garage (wots left of it!!!!!) and hip hop/ rnb, drum n bass/breakbeat!
I got some cheezy shit for the disco sessions n kids partys lol!

Wots the plan guys?

?Marty?
07-04-03, 04:54 PM
Wedding DJ's/Singers?

Freak
07-04-03, 05:07 PM
What about me you muppet micky...
:roll:

jkhilton
07-04-03, 05:17 PM
here you go, if you're after a famous DJ, you dont get much more famous than this at the moment.

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=630

Ben (lurk75)
07-04-03, 05:22 PM
lmfao quality

TWAG
07-04-03, 05:40 PM
I been doing it for a few years, not so much now though, spend my time on the nova. Use to arrange my own nights, coz ive got all the gear, light rig, smoke machine, strobes and a sound system which includes four 15" subs and two 10"!!!! :lol: Selling it all now though exept my decks :cry: , so if any ones interested give me a shout, there a lot of kit there. :!:

Slatter
07-04-03, 07:12 PM
erm me dj

Well i have a go.. i wouldnt say im any good but i like to play anything cheesy that u can dance to :lol: :lol:

But then depends wot state im in :roll: :roll:

locky
07-04-03, 08:54 PM
I do rock n pop 2! :roll:

hutton
07-04-03, 09:31 PM
i dj,been down it just over 2 years and spin hard house/hard trance and a little bit of happy hardcore and drum and bass every now and again,dont play out anywhere and im into the free rave scene

tonydry
07-04-03, 10:41 PM
got a set ov 1210's i play old skool jungle and garage

krobinson
07-04-03, 10:58 PM
I've got 1210's, been playing since 1998. Played in a few local clubs.

I play:

Tech house
Funky house
Progressive house
Breakz

I also listen to chilled out stuff, and some drum n bass (LTJ bukem style)

DJ's i'd be mostly into: James Zabiela, Sasha, John Digweed, LTJ Bukem, Jori Hulkonen, Jedi Knights, Danny Howells, Deep Dish, X-Press-2, Eric Morrilo, Harry "choo choo" romero, Jose Nunez.. and loads loads more

I'm an absolute music freak, i dont think i could go one day without a few hours of my music...

Fester
07-04-03, 11:48 PM
i dont have any decks, ive just had a few gos of my mates, and im crap

i mainly spin the hardest hard house records he has and then try and mix tiesto into it

Nova-Boy
08-04-03, 08:38 AM
I do i little. I have two 1210s and 2 pioneer CDJ500Mk2 and pioneer mixer. Sutiomaster 1000W amp and crossover running 1 18" sub, 8 channel input mixer runnind 2 turbo sound 12" and tweeters, 2x 15" subs with built in crossovers. Sounds PHAT. I play allsorts mostly dance and big beat and hip hop etc etc.

Freak
08-04-03, 12:50 PM
What about me you muppet micky...
:roll:
you dont count cos we have been waiting like 1 year to even hear one of your mixes :roll: and we still havent heard one

:lol: lol come and pay to get into my club like everyone else- then you can hear me play :wink: :twisted:

locky
08-04-03, 05:17 PM
:lol: lol come and pay to get into my club like everyone else- then you can hear me play :wink: :twisted:

And if u wanna hear me, come 2 the Ice rink on a tues nite 7.15-9.15!
(sorry bout the free plug :lol: )

btw, does ne1 know the watershed laws, like wot time of the nite ru able 2 play explicit lyriced tunes!

hutton
08-04-03, 05:47 PM
nova-boy how much them turbosound speakers set u back??

mr_tricky
08-04-03, 09:26 PM
ive played out at various events including dreamscape in 2000 and plenty of nights at labrynth in totenham 4 years ago, i use to mix drum n bass and hardcore but lately i cant be arsed even tho i spent a grand of grand on equipment to make my own tunes. oh and i ran a pirate station for 2 years but had enough of the trouble that comes with it. i havnt toucjed my technics for months they are just gathering dust.

NovaKing03
08-04-03, 10:47 PM
i do!

Micky, ive still got that tape to send you :D

KRobinson > I like your style! Max Graham's at the top of my list

olly55
09-04-03, 12:14 AM
mr tricky wat radi ostation did u run??

iv been on the management of afew in essex etc....

do u rmeber klass fm?

i listen to rinse fm falva etc....

u ever heard of a dj called LADY B or LADY B-LINE?

oh and i mix old skool garage n drum n bass btu prefer all the ew grimey garage etc cant beat it

mr_tricky
09-04-03, 09:51 PM
i ran shokin fm 94.1 for about a year then it moved to 90.8 when i left it.ive heard of klass fm probably as my gf lives over that way in basildon and i used to work round there a bit. ive played on lush fm rude fm a few years back and addiction 95.2 and im freinds with the management of sounds fm 94.3 in kent but ive left it now as i couldnt be botherd with all the trouble that goes with it. the name lady b rings a bell what station is she on?

olly55
09-04-03, 11:03 PM
she plays on flav 87.6 at the mo m8 but she been on rinse etc.. shes prob one of the top lady djs in the uk, im m8s wiv her etc...

klass went off air about 2 -3 yrs ago but it was essex biggest m8,

i live in wickford right next to basildon m8 so i kno the area like the bak of me hand, charge fm always ran on 90.8 round our way they r still going tho altought they never cud get as good as klass but i pose they out done em now purley 4 ther amoutn of time they been runnin,

wat do u mix tricky? im int ogarage al ltypes cant get enuff of the grimey stuff at the min, i do rnb and hip hop too,

u got much to do with priate scne in london at the mo?

burgessovsalford
10-04-03, 10:53 AM
Ive have a full set up at home which cost me over 3k. Includes technics 1210's, pioneer mixer, top PC, etc etc...

I have been Dji'in about year an half. done little pubs & clubs. I play hardhouse, trance, & scouse/bouncy house.

Only thing is I dont have is the internet at home, but can do demo's cds, tapes, minidisc's, etc..

kevw
10-04-03, 11:24 AM
If you want, get a CD together then PM me wen youve done it, I'll tell you where to send it to and we can still stream it :)

burgessovsalford
10-04-03, 11:57 AM
What styles of music you after? I've already got a few CD's anyway...

linzTDI
10-04-03, 12:12 PM
lol is this the start of novaload fm :lol:

burgessovsalford
10-04-03, 01:14 PM
what do u play??

I play mostly Bouncy/scouse house(wigan pier music if you have heard it) & trance. But have got hard trance & hardhouse aswell...

kevw
10-04-03, 01:49 PM
What do u play best? or what is your prefered?

send that!

Its best if everyones sets are varied anyway IMO

burgessovsalford
10-04-03, 01:56 PM
I'l send you a CD in then... PM me the address & details.

Thanks
DJ Berg! :)

supernova1983
10-04-03, 05:46 PM
ive got sum decks 4 sale ?200 mint conditon with mixer and small selection of records there citronics.

frillip
11-04-03, 09:00 PM
i dj garage and also some RnB if thats any gd

ask mike i aint bad

frillip
11-04-03, 09:01 PM
my bro is better tho :lol:

if u want i cud try attemptin hookin everythink up wid mikes help if u needed a garage dj on the site

Stokie_Dave
12-04-03, 09:55 AM
I DJ yeh. No 1210's ere tho (later this year I will indulge tho!). Dodgy old Soundlab DLP3R's!! lol.

I mix: Trance, bit of nu-skool Techno/Tech-House woteva ya wanna call it, old skool hardcore, new hardcore and I wanna get some DnB and some heavy garage to practise with an'all.

I sometimes stream over the web an'all... can access via my website: http://radio.illusional.co.uk (main site being www.illusional.co.uk)

Considering settin up a SMALLish pirate station soon ;)