PDA

View Full Version : MORE fcukin problems

JordyzNova
07-02-10, 08:53 AM
Right last night i went out in the nova, i met a few of my mates and we went and parked up .... now i was sitting with the engine idling, 'for the heaters to keep warm' ( :p ) then all of a sudden the engine sounded like it was going to cut out! so i raised the revs up and there was a sputter, so i revved a bit more and then it died and wouldn't start again..... i tried bumping it etc.

Then one of my mates pushed the car back with his, it started but as soon as i let revs drop or put revs on it died ?

so i stopped for a while to check all leads were on and that my ignition live hadn't come off. There was fuel in because i'd just put tenner in. i didn't have spark plug but i found an extension bar and used that to check for a spark. There was spark off the dizzy too... ?

Tried bumping again, no good! checked for a spark again, got a spark off the leads from the dizzy fine but no spark off of the coil >>> :eek:

hmmm, so i left her a bit, might of flooded it! so then try bumping again and she fired up and was idling on all 4 sweet, took it down the road about 200 yards and it was revving sweet no knocks, bangs or anything! so could this mean that the coil is temperamental and only wants to spark when it wants to ?

i need all the help i can get cheers jordan :thumb:

*edit* Next time i have to edit your post so much to make it readable i shall delete it instead!!

w88rdy
07-02-10, 09:28 AM
Check your fuel pump if its at the side of the spare wheel well, mine once moved and wiring came on intermitently.

I had it pushed up and down a carpark about 100 times trying to start it,then had to be recovered from scarbourgh lol

JordyzNova
07-02-10, 09:32 AM
Check your fuel pump if its at the side of the spare wheel well, mine once moved and wiring came on intermitently.

I had it pushed up and down a carpark about 100 times trying to start it,then had to be recovered from scarbourgh lol

my fuel pump is on the engine 1.4 sr carb :confused:

General Baxter
07-02-10, 10:20 AM
have you fitted a new iginiton wire as the 1L has a resistor in

Nobby
07-02-10, 11:33 AM
yeah i run a new wire pal just put a new 2nd hand coil on it and hey presto! all sorted cheers all!

comptoncj
07-02-10, 11:46 AM
You runnig a pierburg carb? They suffer with the auto choke failing it may have the choke stuck on,,, worth a look.

Nobby
07-02-10, 04:26 PM
You runnig a pierburg carb? They suffer with the auto choke failing it may have the choke stuck on,,, worth a look.

na mate its a weber now but its sorted anyway :thumb: